Sr. Product Manager at Twilio Inc. in San Francisco, CA
- Twilio is a simple, pay-as-you-go web service that empowers developers to build voice and SMS applications.
- Over 100,000 developers use Twilio - including start ups, Fortune 100 companies, and both major political parties.
- We are funded by top tier investors, have a great team and revenues are growing FAST.
- Twilio is disrupting the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us ruffle the suits - we’re just getting started.
About the Job:
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our Voice team to own the core aspects of the Twilio platform. These products include phone calls and phone numbers, as well as IP voice products for our browser and mobile platform. You will report to the Director of Product Management for Voice.
Your job will be to work with engineering, product marketing, sales and customer support, as well as our customers to launch new products and support existing ones. You will own your products from both a technical and business perspective. The success of our products is in your hands.
- Own the roadmap for your products. Be able to communicate both the business and technical reasons behind important product decisions.
- Mock up concepts, write functional specs, cut tickets, write copy and do whatever it takes to express your ideas to our internal engineers, designers and other product managers.
- Our customers are developers, and we are passionate about building products for developers. You will need to engage with our developer community to understand how we can improve our products to increase functionality and unlock new uses.
- 7+ years experience as a Product Manager for a technology company. You should have strong experience shipping quality products in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience as a software developer - for fun, college, or work. We are looking for someone with a technical bent to communicate with our internal engineers and engineering management, as well as our engineering-focused customers.
- You are a person who thrives in a fast moving environment with a heavy dose of ambiguity. Your job will be to bring clarity amidst chaos.
- No experience in telecom is required. Do you love solving problems? That’s what we want.
- Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative. Easy to deal with. Get things done. High personal productivity: you are a doer first.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple project/deals at the same time.
- It would be great if you built a Twilio app yourself before you talk to us (hint, hint).
- BA/BS from a competitive school.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental and vision
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers
- Excellent gear (“We ❤ Apple computers and big monitors — two if you need ’em”);
- A strong belief in life/work balance
How to apply:
Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Here’s some stuff you can include in your cover letter to move your resume to the top of the pile:
- Include a link to an app you built using Twilio.
- Critique our website / solution, offer ideas on how to improve things.
- Discuss how you worked on a product/solution before and drove results.