Office Administrator at Twilio Inc. in San Francisco, CA
- Twilio is a simple, pay-as-you-go web service that empowers developers to build voice and SMS applications.
- Over 100,000 developers use Twilio - including start ups, Fortune 100 companies, and both major political parties.
- We are funded by top tier investors, have a great team and revenues are growing FAST.
- Twilio is disrupting the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us ruffle the suits - we’re just getting started.
About the Job:
Twilio is seeking an exceptionally bright, multitasking and self-motivated individual to support our management team. Your job is to keep our management team organized, prioritized and productive while we grow to 100 employees and beyond. This role requires superior attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines, great organizational skills, and the ability to juggle multiple high priority requests. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information is important, as is a good sense of humor.
- Keep the office running smoothly, including making sure our space is efficient, fun & comfortable, greeting our visitors, ordering supplies & food and all the stuff that keeps people smiling.
- Take care of a variety of everyday tasks under the direction of our management team, including but not limited to managing complex and busy calendars, scheduling events, booking travel, and being a general deputy of time. Your unattainable goal is "inbox: zero".
- Special projects as required. Tracking and helping drive completion of key deliverables and following up on outstanding items.
- Help plan internal and external Twilio events, such as employee and customer functions and meetups.
- Learn. Herd cats. Be smart. Get stuff done.
- You've performed a similar role at a startup that grew exponentially. You crave fast-paced, chaotic, exciting environments.
- A strong planner and organizer, a stickler for details and a master of multitasking.
- A can-do "make it happen" attitude - you are comfortable making decisions with little supervision or direction.
- Strong computer skills and experience with Excel, Google Apps, and Apple iWork, including Keynote, Pages and Numbers. Other people ask you how to do stuff on their machine.
- You are up for anything thrown your way and you tend to stay calm in stressful situations.
- You have a strong moral compass. Thrifty. Fun.
- You love what it takes to get things done.
- A friendly, tactful, professional manner. Experience dealing with customers, media, investor-types and vendors.
- We're strong believers in work / life balance, but you're okay working late or on a weekend to get big things accomplished.
- Experience completing relatively complex projects with little direction and an eye towards saving a buck.
- A good sense of design and style to help make the office a fun and vibrant place to work.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, and vision
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers
- Excellent gear ("We <3 Apple computer and big monitors - two if you need 'em");
- A strong belief in life/work balance
How to apply:
- Please include links to your blog, Twitter, etc. where we can learn more about you and your work style.