Spread the word
Not the right job?
Lead Software Engineer at Twilio Inc. in San Francisco, CA
- Twilio is powering the future of business communications, providing a platform for building modern, communications–enabled applications - light, cloud-based, scalable, and user experience focused.
- Nearly 150,000 developers have signed up to be a part of this disruption, building applications for security, privacy, and fraud prevention; customer service and help desk support; sales communications; marketing and lead management; business process and logistics; and business communications and collaboration.
- Twilio customers include great brands like airbnb, eBay, Hulu, Intuit, LinkedIn, Quora, Sony, SurveyMonkey, Trulia, WalmartLabs, and ZenDesk.
- We are focused on enabling the DOers and obsessed with making communications-enabled applications simple to build.
About the Role:
- We are looking for a senior technical leader to support the next phase of team and product growth. You will be a key technical contributor at Twilio.
- You will make significant architectural decisions and also work with teams on high performance/high availability distributed systems. We code in Python Twisted, PHP, Java, Ruby, and C and are looking for someone who can code and mentor a team of developers in one or more of these languages.
- We are an engineering-driven company. We were founded by developers, our customers are developers, and we are passionate about building robust reliable software.
- We care about automation of everything from our clusters and testing; to the employee on-boarding process. We can bring up a Twilio cluster that supports our complete voice and SMS stack running on hundreds of servers with the push of one button.
- Lead the architecture for the project, review code for your team and scope projects and milestones. This represents the majority of your time.
- Code critical components on your project
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a professional software engineering environment with source control, a dev/stage/prod release cycle and continuous integration and deployment processes.
- Drive your team towards successful deliveries of scalable, maintainable and secure code.
- You have demonstrated the ability to lead engineers.
- You have made significant architectural decisions and coded high performance/high availability distributed systems.
- You treat engineering process as another product of the company and subject to similar development, testing and deployment methodologies as technology products.
- You've used tools like Pivotal, Tracker, Trac, Jira, FogBugz, or plain old Post-it notes.
- You can motivate and lead a team.
- You are a prolific coder who can take a project and run with it.
- Open source. You do it. You dig it.
- You don’t just learn how things work, you learn why.
- You read up on and experiment with new technologies because it’s in your nature, not because it’s a job requirement. You follow the Redis, Mongrel2 and the NoSQL drama with curiosity, interest, disdain, etc.
- Formal training in computer science
- Full benefits, including medical, dental and vision
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers
- Excellent gear (“We ❤ Apple computers and big monitors — two if you need ’em”);
- A strong belief in life/work balance