We're sorry, but this job has been closed. See other open jobs at Twilio Inc.
Not the right job?
Lead Sales Engineer at Twilio Inc. in San Francisco, CA
- Twilio is a simple, pay-as-you-go web service that empowers businesses and developers to build voice and SMS applications.
- Over 100,000 developers use Twilio - including start ups, Fortune 100 companies, and both major political parties.
- We are funded by top tier investors, have a great team and revenues are growing FAST.
- Twilio is disrupting the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us ruffle the suits - we’re just getting started.
About the Job:
- Our Sales team is the central hub for high value customers and prospects across our fast growing business.
- Sales Engineers work closely with Twilio’s Enterprise, SMB, and Channel sales teams, providing technical thought leadership for F500 accounts on cloud communications with the Twilio API.
- Sales Engineers work closely with customers to understand business requirements, develop the technical sales strategy, and effectively demonstrate how the Twilio API can provide business value. This job requires 20% travel.
- Lead a team of Sales Engineers to gather technical requirements from customers and determine the best way to apply the Twilio platform to address technical challenges.
- Deliver persuasive presentations and technical demonstrations to prospective customers’ product, engineering, and business teams.
- Scope and deliver proof-of-concepts as a core component of our enterprise sales cycles.
- Provide feedback internally to Product Management and Engineering on developing new products and how to improve existing products.
- Establish technical thought leadership with F500 and Enterprise Accounts.
- 5+ years experience as a Sales Engineer at a SaaS or Enterprise software company with 2+ years of experience leading Sales Engineering teams.
- Firm understanding of the technology stacks in the web ecosystem. You are able to prototype a multi-tier web application using more than one set of technologies.
- You are an strong communicator, analytical, and detail oriented. You can collect data and quickly make decisions about next steps in the technical sales process. You are comfortable making data-driven decisions.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience.
Nice to have:
- A can-do "make it happen" attitude: you are comfortable making decisions with little supervision or direction.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and 401k
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Catered lunches a few times a week and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers
- Excellent gear (We ❤ Apple computers and big monitors!)
How to apply:
- Want to stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter. Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoyed you/could be better about the platform.