Head of Business Development at Twilio Inc. in San Francisco, CA
- Twilio is a simple, pay-as-you-go web service that empowers developers to build voice and SMS applications.
- 11,000+ developers use Twilio - including start ups, Fortune 100 companies, and both major political parties.
- We are funded by top tier investors, have a great team and revenues are growing FAST.
- Twilio is disrupting the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us ruffle the suits - we’re just getting started.
About the Job:
- Today the company is led by three co-founders with a technical / product background. We are looking for a hands-on leader to join us.
- We have product in the market that is performing well with little sales or marketing effort. We are looking for an impact player to help us drive revenue and scale.
- You will own, prioritize and provide guidance on different revenue generating activities with the goal of maximizing revenue across different channels / verticals.
- We’re looking for someone to own inbound & outbound communications with potential vendors, partners, ISVs, enterprises, and telcos – we'll look to you to guide the company towards owning specific niches and markets.
- Serve as a leader on a small, product-focused team – contributing to company prioritization and crafting our growth strategy.
- Knock on doors. Barrel through them as necessary.
- Negotiate terms and close revenue-generating deals.
- Field inbound inquiries from high value partner prospects interested in powering new products with our platform (i.e. help reel in the big fish that are already on the hook) - we currently get several of these every week.
- Identify opportunities to create repeatable sales processes that others can execute: document targets/tactics and train new hires how to execute them.
- Entrepreneurial. Ethical. Hands on. Connected. Passionate. Persistent. Creative. Easy to deal with. Get things done. High personal productivity: you are a doer first.
- World-class interpersonal and communication skills – you have the ability to effortlessly make complex contractual, technical, and financial details sound simple.
- You are addicted to growing businesses. The list of deals you’ve done for software companies is almost too numerous to list on a resume.
- A track record of identifying partners, analyzing markets, articulating strategies and structuring complex multi-variant deals that close.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple project/deals at the same time.
- Previous experience working as the first business development hire at a start up.
- Experience working in business development for an engineering focused product (developer tools, enterprise software) or an API-driven platform (social network, web portal)
- Experience building and leading a business development and/or sales team, including hiring and mentoring junior team members.
- Experience evaluating and closing deals in the telecommunications industry.
- BA/BS from a competitive school. CS background and/or an MBA are a plus.
- Generous Stock Options. Full insurance benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Meritocracy! We reward the awesome.
How to apply:
Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Here’s some stuff you can include in your cover letter to move your resume to the top of the pile:
- Include a link to an app you built using Twilio
- Critique our website / solution, offer ideas on how to improve things
- Discuss where you worked on a similar product/solution before and drove results