We're sorry, but this job has been placed on hold. See other open jobs at Twilio Inc.
Not the right job?
Front End / Web Software Engineer at Twilio Inc. in San Francisco, CA
- Twilio is a simple, pay-as-you-go web service that empowers developers to build voice and SMS applications.
- 20,000 developers use Twilio - including start ups, Fortune 100 companies, and both major political parties.
- We are funded by top tier investors, have a great team and revenues are growing FAST.
- Twilio is disrupting the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us ruffle the suits - we’re just getting started.
About the Job:
- You’re a developer of amazing applications, such as OpenVBX, built using Twilio APIs.
- Write clean, re-usable code. Elegant code that’s simple and will be read by and used by thousands of developers around the world.
Make browsers submit to your will. Ship things that look great and perform well
- Author fast-rendering reusable components using PHP, Python, YUI, jQuery and HTML/CSS
- Play well with others. Collaborate across the company and interact with our customers (software engineers) to define, design and ship new stuff.
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment) – cowboy coders need not apply.
- A minimum of 5 years of coding experience (school counts), 15+ yrs is fine too, what matters is that you have experience working on both the server side (PHP, Ruby, Java, Python) and the client side.
- Opinions and “technical taste” about languages, frameworks and tools based on hands on experience, not other people's blog posts.
- Your core skill is not cutting and pasting code - or using libraries. You build libraries and write code that other people use.
- You are obsessed (borderline compulsive actually) about making user interfaces look right and work right. You dig the science of user experience and have opinions.
- You love to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
- You communicate well out loud, on paper and in code
- You’ve made a substantial contribution to a widely used open source project. Huge bonus points if you started or lead a project.
- You’ve built a web application that’s seen some scale.
- You read up on and experiment with new technologies because it’s in your nature, not because it’s a job requirement. You don’t just learn how things work, you learn why.
- Basic skills with a visual design tool like Photoshop or Fireworks
- Formal training in computer science (bachelors, masters, whatever)
- Generous Stock Options. Full insurance benefits: Medical, Dental, & Vision. Macs, two if you need ‘em. Big ‘ol monitors.
- Meritocracy! We reward the awesome.
How to apply:
- Applications without cover letters will not be considered. We need people who can communicate in code and in English.
- Want to stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter. Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoy you/could be better on the platform.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. We will not sponsor visas, nor will we hire consultants through sub-contractors that hold your visa.