We're sorry, but this job has been closed. See other open jobs at Twilio Inc.
Not the right job?
Senior Frontend Web Developer at Twilio Inc. in San Francisco, CA
- Twilio is providing a platform for building modern, communications-enabled applications that are cloud based, scalable, and focused on great user experience.
- More than 200,000 developers have signed up to be a part of this disruption, building everything from call centers (Zendesk) to SMS notifications (Uber).
- Twilio customers include great brands like airbnb, eBay, Hulu, Intuit, LinkedIn, Quora, Sony, SurveyMonkey, Trulia and WalmartLabs.
- Twilio is energizing the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us change communications forever.
About the job:
- You're driven to iterate. Twilio ships code every six hours. You read that as a challenge.
- You love building pages that deliver the best user experience on any modern browser. You love front end frameworks, but use them sparingly.
- Author fast-rendering reusable components using HTML/CSS.
- Design and build a page to help communicate various parts of our brand and messaging.
- Play well with others. Collaborate across the company and interact with our customers (software engineers) to define, design and ship new stuff.
- Juggle multiple projects and stay on top of tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Your turnaround time will be days to weeks for projects, and you will keep projects moving quickly through the pipeline.
- Drive the front-of-the-funnel engagement through user activation, as well as ensuring that all things we ship are compatible and usable cross-platform.
- Provide leadership to the front end development team and drive/grow processes and best-practices for a growing creative-dev team.
- Be the technical eyes & ears of the brand team to inform on best new technology & implementation ideas.
- Experience working in a high-velocity environment where new pages are being cut on a weekly basis.
- 6+ years of experience in chopping website/marketing collateral.
- Experience working on a production pipeline from concept to engineering handoff; you love shipping beautiful products.
- Tuned attention to details. You sweat the little things.
- You are obsessed (borderline compulsive actually) about making user interfaces look right and work right. You dig the science of user experience and have opinions.
- You love to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
- You communicate well out loud, on paper and in code.
Nice to have:
- Experience working in short, agile, iterative development cycles.
- CS background is preferred, but it's more important that you are passionate about design and usability.
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance.
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers.
- Excellent gear (we ❤ Apple computers and big monitors — two if you need 'em).
- A strong belief in life/work balance.
How to apply:
- Want to stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter. Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoyed you/could be better about the platform.