Director of Product Marketing at Twilio Inc. in San Francisco, CA
- Twilio is powering the future of business communications, providing a platform for building modern, communications–enabled applications - light, cloud-based, scalable, and user experience focused.
- Nearly 100,000 developers have signed up to be a part of this disruption, building applications for security, privacy, and fraud prevention; customer service and help desk support; sales communications; marketing and lead management; business process and logistics; and business communications and collaboration.
- Twilio customers include great brands like airbnb, eBay, Hulu, Intuit, LinkedIn, Quora, Sony, SurveyMonkey, Trulia, WalmartLabs, and ZenDesk.
- We are focused on enabling the DOers and obsessed with making communications-enabled applications simple to build.
About the Job:
The Sr. Director/Director Product Marketing is responsible for insuring that Twilio’s products are successfully introduced and sold into the market on a worldwide basis. The person in this role will be the market-facing partner to Twilio’s product management team. They will have product marketing responsibility for all products as well as the solutions marketing efforts, which showcase the extensibility of the Twilio platform. Twilio’s target customers include both individual developers as well as companies, providing a unique marketing opportunity to do both business to business and business to consumer/developer marketing. The person in this role will have the opportunity to build the function ground up, defining the role of product marketing to fit the needs and objectives of the Company. This is a senior leadership role in the organization with the opportunity to grow a team.
- Role reports directly to the CMO.
- Tracks market(s) and competitive intelligence
- Informs product requirements alongside product management
- Plays strategic role in defining how products are presented to market e.g. solutions
- Participates in product pricing strategy
- Owns messaging and positioning for products
- Owns content for products and related solutions
- Enables sales through development of appropriate tools
- Ensures field (Incl. sales and developer evangelists) readiness around products
- Promotes products among influencers: analysts, media and social influencers
- Serves as an active speaker for the Company
- Owns marketing aspects of product launches
- Supports sales in the field
- 10 – 15 years of product marketing experience with at least 5 in a management/leadership role
- Undergraduate degree in engineering and /or business/marketing; MBA preferred
- Marketing in a start-up environment required
- Developer skills a plus
- Software marketing required
- Agile development exposure required
- Business to business as well as business to user or consumer desired
- SaaS/Cloud offering exposure preferred
- Platform marketing experience a plus
- Background in telephony a plus
- Full benefits, including medical, dental and vision
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers
- Excellent gear (“We ❤ Apple computers and big monitors — two if you need ’em”);
- A strong belief in life/work balance
How to apply:
- Applications without cover letters will not be considered. We need people who can communicate in code and in English.
- Want to stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter. Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoyed you/could be better about the platform.