We're sorry, but this job has been closed. See other open jobs at Twilio Inc.
Not the right job?
Director of Human Resources at Twilio Inc. in San Francisco, CA
- Twilio is powering the future of business communications, providing a platform for building modern, communications–enabled applications - light, cloud-based, scalable, and user experience focused.
- Nearly 150,000 developers have signed up to be a part of this disruption, building applications for security, privacy, and fraud prevention; customer service and help desk support; sales communications; marketing and lead management; business process and logistics; and business communications and collaboration.
- Twilio customers include great brands like airbnb, eBay, Hulu, Intuit, LinkedIn, Quora, Sony, SurveyMonkey, Trulia, WalmartLabs, and ZenDesk.
- Twilio is energizing the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help modernize an enormous industry with software.
About the Job + Responsibilities:
- You will own refining, building and implementing strategic and tactical Human Resource systems, processes & initiatives in a culture and company that you have dreamed of
- Work consistently to drive the operational aspects of HR that support, encourage and develop our extraordinary people; systems, metrics and reporting for all HR operations, policy and program creation, improvement and communication, offer process, onboarding and offboarding processes, training, performance management, career and leadership development, compensation, employee programs, HRIS, employee relations, training curriculum and other initiatives.
- Design and launch new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and delivery of services.
- Implement ground breaking applications and online systems that create the best user experience no matter where in the world you are
- Provide advice and counsel to managers on Company policies, employment laws, and employee relation issues to ensure that management principles, objectives and programs are consistently practiced while maintaining compliance with all federal, state, and local laws.
- Constantly build credibility within the organization and provide guidance on all HR matters to all levels.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to mentor and coach staff, while fostering a collaborative, team-oriented work environment.
- Lead us by creating innovative ways to incent, motivate and recognize our global teams
- Tech savvy HR leader with 7+ years experience with a minimum of 2+ years at the Director level.
- Bachelors Degree required, Masters Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to think and plan tactically and strategically.
- Innovator and pro who enjoys coaching, training and leading an outstanding and dedicated team.
- Unique ability to inspire and lead by example; a cultural fit
- Strong understanding and engagement in the world of new technologies including the latest HR apps and systems
- Talented to consistently balance multiple projects, programs and deadlines simultaneously.
- Excellent performance management, compensation planning and systems experience.
- Outgoing, energetic, fun, smart and collaborative thinker
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers
- Excellent gear (“We ❤ Apple computers and big monitors — two if you need ’em”);
- A strong belief in life/work balance
How to apply:
- Want to stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter. Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoyed you/could be better about the platform.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States .