Director of Channel Marketing at Twilio Inc. in San Francisco, CA
- Twilio is powering the future of business communications, providing a platform for building modern, communications–enabled applications - light, cloud-based, scalable, and user experience focused.
- Nearly 100,000 developers have signed up to be a part of this disruption, building applications for security, privacy, and fraud prevention; customer service and help desk support; sales communications; marketing and lead management; business process and logistics; and business communications and collaboration.
- Twilio customers include great brands like airbnb, eBay, Hulu, Intuit, LinkedIn, Quora, Sony, SurveyMonkey, Trulia, WalmartLabs, and ZenDesk.
- We are focused on enabling the DOers and obsessed with making communications-enabled applications simple to build.
About the Job:
The Director of Channel Marketing is responsible for supporting Twilio’s efforts to build a world-class ecosystem of SI and ISV partners, which are highly strategic to the Company’s long-term direction. This role is a partner to the Channel Sales organization working side-by-side on strategy, channel enablement programs and co-marketing efforts. The person in this role will have the opportunity to build the function ground up, defining the role to meet the needs and objectives of the Company.
Role reports directly to the CMO.
- Ability to build the discipline and team - ground up
- Ability to think strategically as well as to act tactically required
- Must be hands on/player coach in demeanor
- Strong in developing processes and making things programmatic
- Ability to balance multiple requirements in a fast paced/unstructured environment required
- Must know how to work with sales in the field
- International experience a must
- Strong written and public speaking skills required
- 5 – 10 years of channel marketing experience with at least 5 in a management/leadership role
- Undergraduate degree in business/marketing and/or engineering; MBA preferred
- Marketing in a start-up environment required
- Developer skills a plus
- Software marketing
- SaaS/Cloud offering exposure preferred
- Platform marketing experience a plus
- Background in telephony a plus
- Full benefits, including medical, dental and vision
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers
- Excellent gear (“We ❤ Apple computers and big monitors — two if you need ’em”);
- A strong belief in life/work balance
How to apply:
- Applications without cover letters will not be considered. We need people who can communicate in code and in English.
- Want to stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter. Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoyed you/could be better about the platform.