Spread the word
Not the right job?
Developer Evangelist in any major U.S. city (remote role) at Twilio Inc. in S...
- Twilio is powering the future of business communications, providing a platform for building modern, communications–enabled applications - light, cloud-based, scalable, and user experience focused.
- Nearly 150,000 developers have signed up to be a part of this disruption, building applications for security, privacy, and fraud prevention; customer service and help desk support; sales communications; marketing and lead management; business process and logistics; and business communications and collaboration.
- Twilio customers include great brands like airbnb, eBay, Hulu, Intuit, LinkedIn, Quora, Sony, SurveyMonkey, Trulia, WalmartLabs, and ZenDesk.
- We are focused on enabling the DOers and obsessed with making communications-enabled applications simple to build.
- Inspire and equip developers in the Twilio community to build awesome stuff
- Get out in the wild: Meet with developers at hackathons, meetups, conferences, and other events, both local and national
- Generate content - blog posts, sample code, screencasts, howtos, tweets - whatever gets the word out & helps developers discover Twilio and our API
- Provide world-class customer support on Twilio forums, email, social networks and wherever else technical questions arise
- Help developers envision, build, and ship projects and products using Twilio
- Gather and socialize feedback that will inform Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Sales decisions.
- You're a world class hacker and hustler combined - the deadly combination of technical and social savvy
- You revel in the success of those you help - you love to help developers build great things
- You've built web applications before and are familiar with the most current web development technologies
- You are an extroverted geek who is passionate about learning new technologies and telling others about geek exploits
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills. You blog about technical topics, and frequently talk shop on Twitter, forums, IRC, etc.
- Experience building community around something you are passionate about (kickball, rock and roll, functional programming - whatever you are passionate about)
- Ability to work and travel independently with unwavering professionalism and high productivity.
- Comfortable working weekend events to inspire great hackathons.
- Previous experience as a web developer, technical evangelist, technical product manager or other role where both technical and social skills are required.
- Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Strong technical presentation skills.
- Personal interest in technical problem solving, helping customers save time and money and "lean startup" methodology.
- A bias towards action and the ability to work well in a fast-paced and constantly changing startup environment
- A degree from a competiive schools where you focused on writing: software or English - either's good.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental and vision
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- World class tools to make working remote easier
- Excellent gear - Apple or Linux, take your pick. All Developer Evangelist get outfitted with great road gear as well
- A strong belief in life/work balance
How to apply:
- Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Please send us your resume and cover letter.
- Please include links to your blog, Twitter, etc. where we can learn more about you and what you believe.
- Wanna really stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter. Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoyed you/could be better about the platform.