Community and Marketing Content Intern at Twilio Inc. in San Francisco, CA
- Twilio is a simple, pay-as-you-go web service that empowers developers to build voice and SMS applications.
- Over 100,000 developers use Twilio - including start ups, Fortune 100 companies, and both major political parties.
- We are funded by top tier investors, have a great team and revenues are growing FAST.
- Twilio is disrupting the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us ruffle the suits - we’re just getting started.
About the Job:
We are looking for a full time Community And Marketing Content Intern to focus on our content strategy and support our social objectives. You will report to the Community Program Manager on the Marketing Team.
Your job will be to lead the writing and editing for the community focused projects including the company blog, contests, and email content. You will interact with developers in the community to help share their story. You will also support social media efforts across multiple channels including research and online listening. You will be representing the Twilio voice and be an integral part of telling the Twilio story.
- You write on a consistent basis for an online publication, a personal blog or company blog.
- You know and execute best practices on social media platforms with either your own personal accounts or on behalf of another brand.
- You can spot a typo from a mile away, nothing gets past you before we hit publish.
- You have excellent writing skills that go beyond professional pieces into social media (Twitter, forums, Quora, etc.).
- You are familiar with and use blogging platforms, specifically Wordpress.
- Experience: One - Two years working experience with writing, marketing, social media. Recent college grads welcome to apply.
- Assist in editing copy for blog posts, marketing collateral and email content.
- Assist in writing customer stories, interviews and relevant content for the Twilio blog.
- Research relevant and direct community and industry stories
- Assist in editorial calendar management
- Post content under your by-line to build your personal brand
- Help tell the story of developers and DOers in the Twilio community.
- Provide input on blog series and community highlight strategy.
- Support on social media initiatives and day-to-day tasks.
- You host your own blog on Wordpress and edit the HTML and CSS to your liking.
- Motivated go-getter who's ready to start producing content within a team.
- Familiarity with APIs and developer tools.
- A bias towards action and the ability to work well in a fast-paced and constantly changing startup environment.
- A degree from a competitive school where you focused on writing.
- An Amazon Kindle on your first day, and $30/month to spend on books (Twilio wants you informed)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers
- Excellent gear (“We ❤ Apple computers and big monitors — two if you need ’em”);
- A strong belief in life/work balance
- Twilio track jacket and shoes after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
How to apply:
- Applications without cover letters will not be considered. We need people who can communicate in code and in English.
- Please include links to your blog, Twitter, etc. where we can learn more about you and what you believe.
- Want to stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter. Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoyed you/could be better about the platform