Director Channel Development at Twilio Inc. in San Francisco, CA
- Twilio is a simple, pay-as-you-go web service that empowers developers to build voice and SMS applications.
- Over 100,000 businesses and developers use Twilio - including start ups, Fortune 100 companies, and both major political parties.
- We are funded by top tier investors, have a great team and revenues are growing FAST.
- Twilio is disrupting the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us ruffle the suits - we’re just getting started.
About the Job:
You will identify Independent Software Vendor (ISV) partnerships for the Twilio platform. Create the go-to-market plan with a specific eye toward negotiating several possible financial models to drive leads, demand and overall execution.
You’ll then drive senior level business relationships and build the pipeline, create ISV-specific business cases, and execute the deal cycle. You will strategically seed the ISV market with the newest components of Twilio’s platform, and your success will be measured by the quality of service and product integrations. The ideal candidate should should have excellent financial modeling, negotiation, and presentation skills - and have a passion for disrupting the status quo.
- Relationship Building. At the CXO/VP/Director level, establish deep business relationships with ISV customers, prospects, and partners - evangelizing emerging components of Twilio’s cloud communication platform.
- Business Case Building. Model the financial and strategic benefits of Twilio integration that are specific to ISVs. Understand the key metrics of a customers business, and deliver a data driven plan for how Twilio can improve them.
- Deal Execution. Explore potential partners, evaluating who to engage in the deal cycle. Negotiate NDA’s. Navigate organizations to hunt decision makers. Present the business case for Twilio adoption. Develop financial models, negotiate deal terms, and earn buy-in for Twilio integration.
- Leadership. You will be expected to lead customers on understanding the value proposition of cloud communications.
- 5+ years of experience working for a high tech company, clearly defining, managing and executing on ISV alliances.
- You’ve worked with technology products that have targeted enterprises via channel strategies, SaaS a plus.
- Deep understanding of sales cycles for ISVs, with a keen eye towards the value of product integrations.
- Passion for data driven proposals, crafting creative win-win solutions during negotiations.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering or a technical field plus an MBA.
- Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative. Easy to deal with. Get things done.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple project/deals at the same time.
- You have a good understanding of Twilio’s value prop and the apps that have already been built. You can build a Twilio app yourself. (hint, hint)
- Full benefits, including medical, dental and vision and a 401(k) plan.
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers
- Excellent gear (“We ❤ Apple computers and big monitors — two if you need ’em”);
- A strong belief in life/work balance