Freelance Writer/Blogger at Tutor.com in New York, NY
Where do 6,000 students get online real-time tutoring help around the country every day? Tutor.com. We’re the largest online tutoring company in the world. For more than a decade, Tutor.com has been connecting students with high quality educators—over 9.5 million sessions and counting. Every real-time tutoring session happens right on our site! Our tutors help students master everything from pre-calculus homework, algebra and SAT prep to physics, chemistry and literature. We offer help in 50+ subjects. Our tutors go through a grueling process of testing, quizzing and prodding before we make them official Tutor.com tutors. We only take amazing educators who have to know their stuff.
We are looking for people to join the Tutor.com team. It’s a fast-paced, exciting business in the growing edtech industry. We have the ability to impact millions of students across the US. Mandy Ginsberg recently joined the team as our new CEO. Before she joined Tutor.com, she headed up Match.com and grew it into the largest dating company in the world. If you are passionate about education, want to create millions of “aha” moments and be a part of a fast growing internet business then you’re in the right place.
- Freelance position for experienced writer with a great, fresh voice
- Write up to four original posts from a mom point of view for blog that deals with education issues - everything from homework survival tips and the Common Core State Standards to the benefits of taking the SAT and how parents/students can get ready for college.
- Work closely with internal communications team to review editorial calendars, track trends and provide new ideas
- Research education and parenting issues relevant to our mom audience and turn complex data and issues into easy-to-digest tips
Experience and Skills
- 7-10 years writing for writing for online or print publications, blogs, social media, self-publishing, etc.
- Ability to conduct research and synthesize complex data for general public
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Experience conducting interviews
- Ability to track trends and provide a fresh perspective on issues affecting education/parenting
- Knowledge of audience & keyword research tools
- Focus on parenting/lifestyle/education preferred
- Journalism background is a plus
- Experience with WordPress is a plus