Sr. Network Engineer – Network Engineering at Turn in Redwood City, CA
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Sao Paolo. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our award-winning culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
As part of the Network Engineering Group within Technical Operations, the Senior Network Engineer will be an integral part of the infrastructure growth and operational improvements underway at Turn. This is an opportunity for a seasoned engineer to apply his or her craft in an exciting, fast-paced startup environment. Our business is growing quickly, and we need to continue building our global network infrastructure to match that growth. The Sr. Network Engineer will be responsible for design and implementation of latency-sensitive, highly performing, fault-tolerant networks, understanding and adding to documentation on the network infrastructure, communicating with the Operations and Engineering teams on maintaining high quality, and proactively proposing enhancements and improvements to the reference network architecture and existing implementations of it.
A successful candidate for this position will be a generalist with experience in layered network architecture, system design, intra- and inter-domain routing protocols, name service operations, and security / threat mitigation. This is a chance to work on an extremely high volume production SaaS network, as well as expand and improve upon our worldwide office network design.
- Maintain and grow the operational infrastructure along with business growth
- Primary, 24x7 on-call shift responsibility for network components, responding to and resolving incidents, and communicating complex network concepts to rest of organization in an understandable way
- Using data, metrics, monitoring and alerting mechanisms to establish a baseline and improve on it
- Identify opportunities for configuration improvement, propose and document them, and implement them
- Assist with ongoing assessment and upgrade of networks
- Support network issues at all levels from access to core
- Maintain and improve LAN/WAN connectivity across multiple data centers
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering, with 5-7 years industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to maintain complex, multi-site networks, both WAN and LAN
- Must have experience with Juniper (MX/EX) routing and switching, as well as SRX firewalls. Strongly desired: Juniper (JNCIS / JNCIE) certification or equivalent experience
- Experience in tiered datacenter architectures, with Linux / Unix servers, shell scripting, and associated common network services
- Design experience with IPv4 and IPv6, BGP, OSPF, VRRP, and RSTP/STP
- Understanding of Spanning Tree Protocol and experience configuring it
- Must have experience with Load Balancers. Desired: A10 and Citrix Netscaler experience
- Excellent written documentation and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of network security including IDS, DDoS, Firewalls, and other distributed attack schemes
- Experience in network monitoring tools such as Intermapper, Cacti, and Netscout
- Proactive leader; “get it done” mentality, while following change control methods and processes
- Willingness to learn, be challenged, and have fun in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Experience with Riverbed WAN optimization a plus
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, a creative and methodical thinker
- Knowledge of Change Management best practices
Location: Redwood City
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.