Software Engineer, Front-end at Turn in Redwood City, CA
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Sao Paolo. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our award-winning culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
We’re proud of the products we build. We not only impress our clients, but even the likes of the New York Times. We work closely with user experience experts to design our interfaces, mixing their human-computer interaction expertise with our engineering prowess.
At Turn, what you build has impact on millions and works to better the Internet. You’ll do this in one of the fastest growing companies in the Silicon Valley, with a culture that promotes innovation, freedom, growth, and humor. You’ll work with people who are as passionate about web applications as you are, along with leading experts in distributed computing, data-mining, and machine learning who build our backend platform.
We are very passionate about what we do here, and at the same time have fun doing what we love. Misc company and team events/outings provide a good mix of work and play. We all need to chill out every once in a while and have fun with our fellow team members.
Here are some things we are looking for:
- Familiarity with the DOM and ECMAScript 5
- Keen sense of information architecture and visual design
- Familiarity with the MVC pattern and dependency injection
- Motivated by writing fast, scalable code with testability in mind
- Familiarity with Java, C#, or other object-oriented language
- Excited by working in a fast-paced environment
- 2 or more years of experience in a production-quality web development role
- Degree in Computer Science a must have
- Working on high touch, high visibility, high performance, highly scalable enterprise applications - client facing apps involving campaign management, workflow, analytics, audience design, etc.
- Experimenting with new ways of visualizing large amounts of data
- Having a keen sense for visual design and information architecture
- Work with latest technologies. Tech stack includes: Java, Hibernate, Spring 3, JQuery, JS, HTML5, CSS, MongoDB, Vertica..
- Research on new web technologies
- Passionate about web based applications
Location: Redwood City
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.