Security Solutions Architect at Turn in Redwood City, CA
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn’s existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
We are seeking a leader to own the articulation and execution of information and IT security solution at Turn. You will be a critical member of the Technical Operations team for a fast-growing, successful start-up in the online data-driven advertising business. This team is responsible for the continuous, successful operation of our company’s core assets – the engine of our business.
In this role, you will be the authority on our security infrastructure and operations, and will be a key member in improving and implementing new security mechanisms to improve our security posture and enhance our operational excellence.
- Responsible for detailed analysis of our existing application architecture, operational configuration, firewall and network device configs, system and infrastructure
- Create vulnerability assessment, coordinate and perform penetration testing, understanding and documentation of customer security requirements
- Perform internal project requirements and design / implementation for security improvement.
- Document security requirements
- Design and manage project to audit , both internally and externally, our system architecture
- Improve and expand disaster recovery planning documents, and business continuity strategy
- Coordinate with existing vendors and qualify new vendors to perform auditing and testing tasks
- The incumbent will be an experienced security professional with creative thinking, enthusiasm for designing and documenting system architecture, an ability to perform system implementation, and management of existing and/or training of new technical resources to complete project goals.
- Work with development and product management teams to define application security requirements and data collection and storage policies.
- BS/MS in Computer Science / Engineering or a related technical field from a top university
- At least 5-8 years’ experience in security analysis and implementation roles, including complete end-to-end project designs and successful management of multiple projects from start to finish. Please bring documentation / writing samples.
- Solid understanding of UNIX related network services, advanced TCP/IP networking, operations automation and tool creation, Juniper routing, switching and firewall devices, Netscaler server load balancers.
- Experience deploying distributed monitoring infrastructure with a large web-based company
- Be prepared to name your favorite security-related RFC, describe how you implemented its key features, what its shortcomings were, and how you contributed your work back to the security community. Bonus points for security conference presentations and publications.
- Core contributor to open source security projects
- Experience in Java Web Server (Tomcat) environments
- Experience in LAMP Stack administration, Linux required, FreeBSD is a plus.
- Experience in Cloud Computing, corporate IT network / Wi-Fi
Publications in the field of security operational infrastructure and algorithm /system design, a plus.
Location: Redwood City. CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.