Sales Engineer - San Francisco, Redwood City, New York at Turn in New York or...
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Sao Paolo. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our award-winning culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Turn is seeking a Sales Engineer to join our rapidly growing team and support San Francisco, Los Angeles and the New York offices. Reporting to the Director of Sales Engineering, the Sales Engineer is the primary technical resource for the field sales force when selling Turn’s platform technology to our most strategic prospects and accounts at ad agencies, global 2,000 brands and other digital marketing services providers. The Sales engineer is also a resource and partner to the Business Development and Product Management teams to lead integration and deployment for our ecosystem of platform partners. The Sales Engineer is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. The Sales Engineer will also facilitate ongoing collection of feature requests and technical integrations for prospect and existing clients. The Sales Engineer must be fluent in articulating technology and product positioning to both business and technical audiences, and establish and maintain strong customer relationships throughout the sales cycle.
- Development and delivery of high stakes sales presentations, and product demonstrations for new prospects and existing clients
- Supporting Sales teams by authoring responses to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Evaluating clients’ 1st and 3rd party data integration, digital media buying, and technology vendor requirements, and developing integration strategies for the Turn’s platform
- Leading technical integration with new partners into Turn’s
- Identify all technical integration and deployment issues of assigned accounts
- Collecting and documenting customer requirements and develop use-cases for the Product Management team
- Conduct market research and contribute to go-to-market strategy and tactics for the Product Marketing team
- Traveling extensively within a regional market to support multiple Sales Executives
- Evangelizing the product to existing clients and at field events such as industry tradeshows, training seminars, and private sales events
- Pre and post-sales technology solution design and support for the Marketing departments of global 2,000 brands, advertising agencies, or equivalent digital marketing services providers
- Sales proposal authoring
- Technical integration and implementation management
- Client deployment planning, oversight and client training
- Ad serving technology assessments and deployment planning
- PowerPoint presentation authoring
Ideal candidates are self-motivated with a proven track record in Big Data analytic platform, Demand Side Platform, Ad Exchange or Third Party Ad Server deployments within Turn’s target markets. They will have extensive knowledge of ad industry technologies including auction-based ad exchanges, ad serving, behavioral targeting, performance optimization and analytics. An ideal candidate is comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization that develops leading edge technologies which require expanding your knowledge on a monthly and even weekly basis, all within a dramatically expanding customer base. They must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports. Organized and analytical, candidates must be able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches. They must also be prepared for extensive travel that may be scheduled on short notice.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Economics, Business Administration, or any analytical/quantitative discipline is preferred
- 4+ years relevant strategic level experience in marketing technology deployments
- Advanced knowledge of display advertising exchanges, behavioral targeting, and performance-based optimization strongly preferred
- Prior experience and comfort authoring SQL queries or the ability to rapidly learn SQL
- Ability to maintain a high level of customer service while managing multiple engagements
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Exceptional large audience presentation skills
Locations: San Francisco, Redwood City and New York
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.