Product Manager, Big Data Analytics at Turn in San Francisco, CA
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Sao Paolo. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our award-winning culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Turn is a cloud-marketing platform, which helps brand marketers make smarter decisions about spending their digital advertising dollars across mobile, video, display and Facebook.
Turn's new Product Manager will help define the product vision based on industry trends and customer need for Datamine, Turn’s proprietary database built for Big Data Analytics.
Our vision for DataMine is to enable brand managers to focus on analytics by providing them direct access to their data vs. spending time with IT or consultants. Turn’s DataMine is a competitive and differentiated product due to the fact we are focusing on solving the big data analytics solution for a vertical – digital advertising. DataMine is delivered to our customers as a SaaS solution, and is run via Turn’s managed and custom-built cloud infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude, an ability to question conventional wisdom, and also a commitment to learn and personal growth. The candidate should be passionate about data science, big data and/or analytics.
- Define features that enable DataMine to become a tool of choice for Data Scientists, Statisticians and Business Analysts.
- Ensure that DataMine data sets are reliable, accurate and trustworthy.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing and client services to translate customer requirements into well-defined and user-friendly features.
- Collaborate with Turn’s internal Data Scientist team to define ways of measuring ROI for analytics and also capture customer successes for use in case studies and other marketing materials.
- Be an evangelist for Datamine both inside and outside Turn.
- Have Fun.
- 2-4 years experience either as a Product Manager/Data Scientist/Statistician in the Big Data space is required.
- Experience or familiarity with either digital marketing strategies or enterprise software or big data analytics is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated success in working within cross-functional teams.
- Self-starter, high-energy, with ability to execute on business objectives.
- Strong teamwork and inter-personal skills.
- A BA degree in Math/Statistics or Computer Science.
Location: Redwood City or San Francisco, CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.