Operations Engineer at Turn in Redwood City, CA
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn’s existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
You will be a critical member of the Technical Operations team for a fast-growing, successful start-up in the online data-driven advertising business. This team is responsible for the continuous, successful operation of our company’s core assets – the engine of our business. Our datacenter and production footprint spans the globe with operations in North America, Europe and Asia.
In this role, you will be the authority on automated deployment infrastructure, system operations, and system monitoring for a portion of our infrastructure. Your advanced system administration skills will be utilized on projects to dig deep into our application architecture and perform sophisticated performance tuning.
- Responsible for the maintaining, documenting and improving our automated deployment infrastructure
- Maintain and expand our high frequency monitoring system, and write code to visualize data collected in real time.
- Dig deep into hardware, driver, Linux kernel, and TCP stack issues to troubleshoot problems and improve system performance.
- Evaluate and implement new leading edge tools and technologies.
- Comfortable in 24x7 operations, you are experienced in the operations environment and capable of dealing with incidents and performing on-call shift rotations.
- BS/MS in a technical field from a top university, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a production, Linux-based environment (hundreds or thousands of servers)
- Experience with UNIX-related network services, NIC teaming, advanced TCP/IP networking, PXE booting, kernel issues, TCP stack optimization and tuning
- Experience deploying distributed monitoring infrastructure
- Linux configuration and administration including networking setup and maintenance
- Admin level knowledge of Apache/Tomcat web servers
- Experience with configuration management tools (Puppet/Chef etc.)
- Experience in scripting languages: Ruby/Python/Perl
- Experience in LAMP Stack administration, bonus points for FreeBSD.
- Experience in Ruby on Rails.
- Experience in Memcached, Varnish, Squid
Location: Redwood City
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.