Finance Programmer Analyst at Turn in Redwood City, CA
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn’s existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Interested in what it’s like to work at Turn? Listen to what our employees have to say at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
The Finance Programmer Analyst provides a critical service to the Finance department, as well as partnering with our Technical Operations, Product Management and Engineering departments in developing and supporting technical reporting solutions, including billings, accounting, and management reporting. He/she must have an ability to communicate with both non-technical internal personnel and technical development resources, translating business and process requirements into solution definitions. The analyst will be tasked to enhance and support current financial reporting solutions as well as engage and manage complementary business processes cross functionally as needed. The analyst will support local and remote users and is also responsible for developing and supporting financial consolidations and month end close activities. The analyst will be expected to gain a clear understanding of complex business processes, accounting cycles and compliance requirements. In order to succeed in this position, the candidate should have experience with advanced excel programming, data management concepts, and relational database programming as well as a strong desire and enthusiasm to engage the finance team with minimal supervision and high availability during high activity periods.
· Create, modify, and execute SQL queries to facilitate information flow to finance
· Manage and monitor billings and revenue data, implementing modifications and updates as necessary
· Develop/maintain custom reports in Excel with VBA or other applicable reporting tools
· Maintain the integration of data sources to the financial data warehouse
· Implement enhancements to the finance reporting tools, including UI design and mapping tables
· Provide input to the finance department on identifying and developing creative reporting solutions
· Ensure data integrity and conduct audit reporting to monitor system effectiveness
· Create and communicate finance internal reporting changes as required
· Provide training and ongoing support to end users
· Document programming changes clearly, uniformly and concisely in coding comments and training guides
· Strong communications skills
· Knowledge and passion for the advertising space preferred.
· Experience in software development using Microsoft Office and Visual Basic with a focus on UI simplicity, ease of use, and adaptability.
· Experience in data management including SQL query development and report writing.
· Experience in Great Plains to deliver solutions using the Integration Manager a plus.
· Track record of resourcefulness and detail orientation in approaching tasks
· Ability to manage end-user expectations of delivery and functionality
· Desire to understand non-technical aspects of the business
· Preferred knowledge of: Great Plains, Salesforce.com.
Location: Redwood City
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.