Director, Revenue Operations at Turn in Redwood City, CA
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Sao Paolo. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our award-winning culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
The ideal candidate will have a background in the software or digital media industries with a track record of quote to cash process design, system implementation and team management. The Director of Revenue Operations will be a critical member of the Accounting team and will design, document and manage world class revenue processes and systems within a cross functional environment.
- Define and manage the customer master, billing, credit and collections processes for world class operations. Innovate and improve the billing cycles to delight our customers and improve overall efficiency throughout the ecosystem by sharing best practices and providing best in class reporting.
- Develop flowcharts and the SOX documentation for revenue and related processes
- Work closely with the Sales, Engineering and Technical Operations teams to identify and implement process and system improvements within the quote- to- cash process
- Define key performance indicators and Improve efficiencies within the revenue, billing and collections processes
- Develop system improvements to scale the sales order and insertion order setup
- Review and interpret insertion orders and customer agreements to identify and summarize provisions which have an impact on revenue
- Ensure continuing compliance and proper revenue recognition in accordance with EITF 08-1
- Manage the reconciliation of revenue with associated traffic acquisition costs revenue related delivery and impression costs
- Prepare booking, revenue, deferred revenue schedules and related reconciliations
- Maintain the customer pricing in the order console
- Expand the team and processes to support international expansion
- Meet with auditors to address process and financial questions
- 3 – 5 years relevant experience in Digital Media industry
- Sound comprehension of 3rd party ad server reporting, insertion orders and experience reconciling large quantities of data and streamlining processes
- Familiarity with IAB T&C’s
- Understanding of EITF 08-01 revenue recognition requirements
- Experience with Oracle and Salesforce a big plus
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Public accounting background preferred
- 8 + years in overall accounting/finance experience
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
Location: Redwood City
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.