Director of Client Services - San Francisco at Turn in San Francisco, CA
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn’s existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Interested in what it’s like to work at Turn? Listen to what our employees have to say at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Turn is seeking a Director of Client Services to lead our growing West Coast Client Service team, responsible for managing the Client Services team and oversee day to day operations for our customers in order to deliver excellent levels of customer service and satisfaction. This position demands great versatility, enthusiasm and tenacity. We’re looking for analytical, detail-oriented self-starters who possess strong project-management skills and the ability to handle clients with grace and confidence. You’ll consistently increase our client base, up sell Turn solutions, and drive revenue with the highest possible standards. The person in this role will have a proven experience of advertising solutions within the Internet advertising market. Strong knowledge of market dynamics and knowledge of the exchange landscape and key players will be a distinct advantage.
- Lead a skilled team of Account Managers in Turn’s LA and SF offices; coordinate day to day operations, organize resources to ensure that the highest level of service is delivered to all clients.
- Develop a technical understanding of the Turn platform
- Establish communication channels and business processes necessary to effectively manage a growing team, and client base. Scale growth by capitalizing on opportunities for increased effectiveness and efficiency by driving key automation and productivity initiatives
- Develop and maintain key business statistics that track customer retention, customer up sell, ad product use, and operational efficiency. Develop initiatives that increase customer retention
- Attend meetings with key customers to review existing business and discuss opportunities to maximize revenue. Accountable for any customer service related issue
- Coordinate product reviews and requests on behalf of the Client Services team. Ensure we communicate all requests from customers but also identify features that will give us a competitive edge in market
- Support sales team and account management on all facets of client relations and service including reporting, client conference calls/meetings and campaign analysis/reporting
- Share expertise across the Account Management team and help to advise clients on new campaign ideas to generate continued results
- Escalate, track and resolve key client issues
- 5+ years experience in internet industry; client service/account management, ad operations and/or ad-related technical experience. Familiar with online advertising, marketing, and technology
- 3+ years experience in managing personnel and complex activities
- BA/BS degree preferred with a strong academic record or relevant combination of education and experience
- Understand platform/DSP functionality, strong understanding of online advertising technologies and landscape trends
- Excellent business writing, training, negotiation, communication, organizational and presentation skills
- Able to evaluate and implement new technologies
- Ability to compile and analyze performance data and metrics
- Proven ability to accommodate evolving responsibilities and last minute changes
- Strong decision-making, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills with proven ability to identify and prioritize critical issues
- Excellent project-management and time-management skills with proven ability to multi-task
- Proven ability to lead, manage and grow teams
- Superior analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
- Strong organizational, project, and time management skills
- Self-starter capable of thriving in a fast-paced, constantly evolving startup environment
- Emphatic interest in online advertising
Location: San Francisco
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.