Sr. Embedded Software Test Engineer at Tula Technology, Inc. in San Jose, CA
About Us :
Tula Technology, founded in 2008, has developed a new and innovative engine control technology which significantly improves automotive fuel economy. Our patented solution is based on sophisticated signal processing algorithms combined with cutting-edge engine controls, which gives drivers the power they need when they need it, and the ultimate in fuel efficiency under all operating conditions. Tula is funded by top-tier Silicon Valley venture capital firms Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures and Sigma Partners.
The Senior Embedded Software Test Engineer is involved throughout the product development lifecycle, ensuring that the final software meets customer needs. The Embedded Software Test Engineer is not post-development, but is involved from the beginning to build test cases and to ensure that implications and complications are surfaced early in the design process. This engineer is the ultimate team player and will be involved in multiple development efforts for each release of the embedded software for Tula’s advanced engine control products. You will join an enthusiastic team of developers to deliver high-quality, robust software implementing DSP and Controls algorithms for Tula’s next-generation engine efficiency technology.
- Participate in the design of Tula engine control software features from initial requirements through customer acceptance.
- Create test cases and build automation tools for feature release and performance testing.
- Collaborate with other development team to build use cases and test coverage, to understand the necessary tradeoffs, and to develop contingency plans.
- Execute all test activities for development projects, including bug / defect tracking and reporting, running regression and user acceptance testing, and documenting all results.
- Manage test activity to support project schedules, milestones, and deadlines.
- Develop and maintain all testing automation scripts.
The candidate will have a strong background in testing embedded systems and QA testing methodologies, including software for automotive applications.
- BS in CS or EE required, MS preferred, with at least 7 years of industry experience
- Working knowledge of CAN and OBD-II protocols, dSPACE, Control Desk, ETAS, etc.
- Great communication skills (both oral and written) and a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Ability to work in a dynamic start-up environment where initiative is a must
- Developing test automation and testing software for real-time applications, understanding of real-time processing issues, and experience in the automotive industry
- Experience in MIL, SIL, and HIL testing and associated scripting
- Hands on testing experience in open / closed loop testing
- Experience with Labview and / or VeriStand
- Experience with Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow
- Fluency with at least 1 scripting language such as Perl, Python, or scripting language
- QA experience to MISRA standards
- Prior experience with automotive calibration and / or diagnostics a plus.
- Prior exposure to full software lifecycle experience from concept to shipping product and resolution of field issues