Sr. Data Quality Engineer at TubeMogul, Inc. in Emeryville, CA
Sr. Data Quality Engineer | Emeryville, CA
We are searching for a Sr. Data Quality Engineer to be a part of our overall quality assurance and software testing efforts. You will be responsible for performing assessments and measurements on data gathering and data quality. You will work side-by-side with our development team in an Agile environment.
Candidates should have a passion for data quality and an interest in testing on high-performance, "Big Data" systems. In this role, you will be working with a Java application stack that leverages open-source tools like Zookeeper, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, and Couchbase. Candidates will at least be familiar with the technologies we are using.
- Develop, maintain, and validate data quality standards and metrics
- Perform data quality assessment and measurement
- Lead the Testing, QA Infrastructure and Automation tasks for Data Quality at TubeMogul
- Validate optimization algorithms and machine learning
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent education/training
- Specific experience with data quality processes, data quality checks, validations, data quality metrics definition and measurement for 5+ years
- Experience creating Data quality dashboards and scorecards
- Strong Java programming skills
- Strong analytical skills with a methodical approach to problem solving
- Deep understanding of SQL (MySQL preferred)
- Advanced, demonstrated knowledge of software testing methodologies and concepts, such as bug triage and prioritization, edge case identification, test planning, and test automation
- Familiarity with common software development practices and tools
- Comfortable with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience working with version control systems such as Git or Subversion
- Linux – strong general UNIX/Linux understanding required
- Domain experience strongly desirable:
- High Bandwidth / Big Data internet company experience
- Experience with AWS, Hadoop and Hive
- Good organizational skills and strong detail-orientation
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
TubeMogul is the only video marketing company built for branding. By integrating real-time media buying, ad serving, targeting, optimization and brand measurement into its PlayTime platform, TubeMogul simplifies the delivery of video ads and maximizes the impact of every dollar spent by brand marketers.
The company only partners with premium and transparent inventory sources – including direct publishers and private networks – to deliver video to any audience, in any format, on any device. Advertisers only pay when someone chooses to watch their video and they see exactly which sites their ads ran on, how their ads performed and who watched them. Using PlayTime means never having to choose engagement and accountability over reach.
Founded in 2006, TubeMogul is based in Emeryville, CA with offices in New York, London, Chicago, Detroit, Austin, Los Angeles, Sydney, Singapore and Toronto.
We are a fast growing startup company with a clear business plan for success. You will definitely want to be part of this tremendous growth opportunity!
Compensation / Perks:
You will be rewarded for your hard work! You'll appreciate a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits and stock options. You'll love a challenging work environment; A-player colleagues, momentum, strong leadership and clear objectives and the ability to make a difference. Other benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401k, flat screen monitors, and lots more!
Please use the link provided to apply. We look forward to reviewing your resume! This opportunity is for people interested in full-time work only.
No contractors, consultancies or recruiters will be considered.