Senior Engineering Manager, Data Pipeline at TubeMogul, Inc. in Emeryville, CA
Senior Engineering Manager, Data Pipeline | Emeryville, CA
The TubeMogul Playtime platform is the first and only video advertising technology of its kind. It makes real-time decisions about which ad to serve and adapts dynamically to changes in the marketplace, user response and advertiser preferences. We process in excess of 10B ad auctions every day. Our custom-built data pipeline uses this data to drive customer analytics reporting, internal business intelligence, budgeting and optimization decisions. Engineering at this scale requires great people to solve big problems.
We’re looking for an experienced manager to lead our data pipeline team. You’ll work with a great team of developers to tackle some incredibly challenging problems. Some data solutions we use include Hadoop/Hbase, MySQL and CouchDB.
- Manage a growing team of experienced developers
- Work with executive team to turn business needs into great products
- Guide efforts to build data infrastructure solutions that process billions of events daily
- Ensure data is accurate, secure and redundant
- Work hard and have fun
- 5+ years of lead or management experience
- Proven track record of building and supporting quality products
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with big data frameworks such as Hadoop
- 6+ years of back-end Java experience
- Experienced in large-scale web / SaaS production infrastructures
- Experience with traditional RDBMSes
- Experience with traditional data warehousing / BI solutions a plus
- Strong communication and mentoring skills
- Detail-oriented and thorough
We are the only video marketing company built for branding. We integrate real-time media buying, ad serving, targeting, optimization and brand measurements into a single solution, TubeMogul simplifies the delivery of video ads. We are a cohesive group of overachievers determined to deliver the potential the internet offers to brand advertising. TubeMogul was recently named best Video Ad Platform by Streaming Media and recognized by the San Francisco Times as one of the fastest growing companies.
Compensation / Perks:
You'll appreciate a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits and stock options. You'll love a challenging work environment; A-player colleagues, momentum, strong leadership and clear objectives and the ability to make a difference. Other benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401k, bonus program, choice of windows or Mac laptop, flat screen monitors, sunny office with outdoor patio, in-office game room, food and lots more!
Please use the link provided to apply. This opportunity is for people interested in full-time work only. No contractors, consultancies or recruiters will be considered.