Pre-Sales Engineer, Advertising Services at TRUSTe in San Francisco, CA
TRUSTe is the market leader in privacy management solutions, enabling businesses to optimize their e-commerce, mobile, cloud, social, and advertising channels. We are best known for our green Certified Privacy Seal now displayed on over 4,000 websites (including Apple, Disney, Groupon, Verizon, and Zynga) and seen bymillions of customers each year. We are experiencing rapid growth driven by the increased use of customer data to power new online channels like targeted ads, mobile apps, and cloud services – and the corresponding demands from consumers and regulators for more transparency and control over this data usage. Businesses turn to TRUSTe to build / protect their brand, maintain compliance, and increase sales. We have strong financials, are backed by leading venture capital firms (including Accel), and have a deep and talented executive team including veterans from AOL, HP, Double Click, Google, VeriSign, and Yahoo.This position is located is located in San Francisco (5th / Market a short walk to BART & Cal Train). Learn more at www.truste.com.
We feature a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment that places heavy emphasis on innovation, teamwork, and an ongoing commitment to making the internet a safe and productive place to do business. We work hard and we play hard. We have some unique benefits including a fully stocked kitchen; a ping pong table on our outside deck; a tranquility room to chill out in; a dart board where you can throw darts and win money instantaneously; scavenger hunts throughout SF and monthly gatherings. Of course we offer the traditional benefits – health insurance, a 401(k) with a match, life insurance, short term and long term disability and a competitive base and commission program.
- Provide the pre-sales domain expertise around ad privacy and TRUSTe's ad solutions (e.g., product demos, interacting with sales team and prospective clients)
- Persuasively communicate the technical aspects of TRUSTe's Ad Solutions to ad networks, data platform, exchanges, ad servers, advertisers and agencies
- Review technical implementation options to ensure alignment with prospective clients
- Technical troubleshoot tags, html, macros implementation across a variety of ad serving and content environments
- Meet or exceed quarterly sales quotas
- Develop and maintain relationships at all personnel levels within an account, demonstrating a thorough understanding of the account's business model, organization, unique needs and revenue potential
- Collect customer feedback and communicate back to product teams to help improve the offering
- We are looking for someone with an unquenchable thirst to win and a passion for helping businesses navigate this new privacy-aware world through technology-driven solutions
- The ideal candidate will thrive in our fast paced, results-driven, challenging start-up culture with dynamic needs and goals
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with team members at all levels and across cross-functional areas of the company such as product management and engineering
- Previous experience working closely withengineering teams to develop products
- 5+ years of technical sales engineering experience
- Must have client-facing experience (e.g., product demos, pre-sales support)
- Native understanding of online media Ð previous experience working with creative trafficking, campaign management, ad serving technologies (DART, Atlas, DFA, DFP, etc.), ad networks, ad exchanges, rich media platforms, etc.
- Ability to write clearly and briefly, to explain technical concepts and translate technology features into business benefits
- Knowledge of web behavior analysis/cookie behavior to identify actionable insights from the data
- Familiarity with online data sources (e.g., DoubleClick floodlight, technology tools like Akamai, Scorecard Research etc.)
- Demonstrated strategic, consultative and analytical approach with focus on building partnerships with clients
- Existing, current relationships with technology decision makers at ad agencies favored with an in depth knowledge of the online behavioral advertising space
- Bachelor's degree is required; Computer Science major or technical field is preferred
- Strong client and employer references