Java Backend Engineer at TRUSTe in San Francisco, CA
We’re coding the future of privacy. Join us.
Engineering at TRUSTe means building cutting-edge data privacy platforms for thousands of companies around the world. The products we ship have a direct, immediate impact on the way millions of users access and control their personal information online. From scaling privacy notice and choice for billions of online ad impressions, to pioneering website crawling technology, our privacy platforms are helping to shape the future of big data.
At their core, we design our products to facilitate data transparency, accountability, and user choice. At the end of the day we're in the trust-building business, not the data-limiting business. We believe that privacy, done right, actually encourages the exchange of data by fostering trust. We have over 5,000 clients who share this vision and leverage our products to build trusted environments where users feel comfortable sharing data in exchange for goods, services, and personalized experiences.
Our new San Francisco headquarters reflect our company's work hard, play hard mentality. We've got an outdoor ping-pong table and two spacious roof decks, a game room, and a well-stocked kitchen with plenty of caffeine and snacks to fuel coding binges. For after hours fun, join-in on regular company hacking events and happy hours (did we mention we have a kegerator on premises?). Conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, our offices sit directly adjacent to the Powell St. Muni and BART stop for easy commutes. And, of course, we offer competitive salaries, stock options, and full benefits. Apply today to join the TRUSTe team!
Learn more at www.truste.com.
TRUSTe is seeking talented, experienced Java Developers to join its growing engineering team. If you know what Data Leakage is and like to work on challenging projects that impact millions of people, we want to talk to you. As part of the engineering team, you will be focused primarily on developing core infrastructure that will help TRUSTe grow and scale its privacy compliance business to serve billions of transactions on a monthly basis with a heavy emphasis on real-time transaction processing and data management.
- Work on the privacy compliance platform and develop systems that will scale to billions of transactions per month
- Design and build infrastructure to support large scale real-time transaction processing
- Build backend workflow management capabilities
- Build key 3rd party integration web services and APIs to integrate with internal external systems
- Solve performance issues working with systems operations team
- Self starter able to proactively solve problems and work independently on a major feature
- Ability to design, develop, iterate on a rapid basis
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Understanding of latest innovations, trends and emerging technologies
- Knowledge of open source technologies and a strong preference for code reuse
- At least 5 years of Java programming experience
- Server side development on at least one successfully deployed high volume web site
- Strong understanding of Java’s threading and memory models
- Proficiency with basic algorithms and data structures and relevant time/storage tradeoffs
- Experience developing web services APIs and clients
- Working knowledge of Hibernate, Spring, JMS & Jersey
- Working knowledge of Maven, Jenkins, Sonar, Emma, SVN & JUnit
- Experience in data intensive environments
- Comfortable working in a lean startup environment on a small team employing TDD and other Agile development practices with frequent releases
- BS or graduate degree in Computer Science or comparable field of study
- Knowledge of NoSQL data bases and Map Reduce (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra, Hadoop)
To all recruitment agencies: TRUSTe does not accept unsolicited agency resumes without executing a staffing services agreement and commencing a specific search by TRUSTe’s human resources department. Please do not forward resumes to TRUSTe’s career jobs alias or its employees. TRUSTe is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes