Senior Software Engineer at Toyota InfoTechnology Center in Mountain View, CA
Toyota InfoTechnology Center is defining the future of the connected vehicle driving experience. We are looking for a talented software engineer to design the server-side framework to deliver connected services such as Navigation, Traffic and Internet Radio. Ideal candidate will be a seasoned experienced software engineering professional not only capable of developing a long term vision but contributing heavily as a developer.
General Outcome Expectations:
Your specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Development of overall server side architecture and design
- Develop connected services to enable our platform to interface with 3rd party content providers
- Develop core services that delivers 3rd Party and Toyota-specific content through our web services framework
- Ensure designed system meets scalability and performance requirements for vehicle infotainment and telematics systems
Qualified candidate will help design and develop our connected services delivery platform. You will be responsible for ensuring a scalable system our system scales for large scale support of vehicle and mobile devices. You will be part of our core engineering team responsible for realizing the connected vehicle vision.
Education: B.S./M.S. Degree Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Experience working with Azure, Amazon EC2 or other cloud-based hosting environments
- Strong Enterprise Service Bus experience such as Software AG, wWebMethods, WebSphere Cast Iron etc.
- Strong experience working on scalable database designs (MongoDB, MySQL, NoSQL etc..)
- Track record of working with complex software product/service delivery architectures supporting large high-volume mission-critical consumer-facing Internet environments
- Experience writing web services delivered through JSON and/or SOAP APIs
- Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs (i.e. Google, Facebook, Yelp, Twitter) through server-side applications
- Some experience in performance optimization of high-volume, distributed web services
- Track record of strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
Demonstrated experience and proficiency in:
- Web services focused platforms
- Standards protocols and data formats including REST, JSON, and XML/SOAP
- Strong communications skills; ability to work cross functionally and with geographically distributed teams
- Position available at our Mountain View, CA office.
- Applicants *must* already have the ability/authorization to work in the USA (Toyota ITC will not provide VISA support).
Since 2001, Toyota InfoTechnology Center USA, Inc. has specialized in R&D and business research with a focus on cutting-edge information technologies to advance the driving experience of Toyota automobiles and safety of the automotive industry on the globe. ITC’s current areas of interest include future vehicular network,in-vehicle software and system architecture, vehicle-to-vehicle communication technology, intelligent computing technology including artificial intelligence and machine learning, Smart Grid.