Warehouse Supervisors (Early, Late, and Weekend Shifts) at thredUP in San Lea...
thredUP has recently launched an online marketplace for buying and consigning used clothing. We are rapidly scaling up our warehouse operations to manage these garments, and are hiring staff to help us in all stages of processing and distribution. We need multiple Supervisors to help lead our Warehousing Operations.
Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- Master all the tasks of a Warehouse Associate (refer other job description) so that you can assist, train, and assess performance at all times. Routine tasks: receiving goods, inspecting them against quality standards, itemizing, photographing, hanging, picking, and packing.
- Lead the Warehouse team to meet individual and collective goals for high productivity, low defect rates, short lead times, and scale up.
- Handle HR issues, e.g. recruitment, onboarding, staffing, ongoing training, and performance evaluations. Enforce safety standards and other company policies.
- Continuously improve all processes and the customer experience, particularly as our operations grow in scale. I.e., not only operate within Standard Operating Procedures, but also create them from scratch.
- Liaise with thredUP management, technical experts, suppliers, partners, et al. Surface problems early, and be creative in proposing solutions.
- Other on-site duties as assigned.
- Most critical: attention to detail, positive attitude, punctuality and reliability, and the motivation to help parents consign and purchase great kids clothes.
- 5 years of supervisory experience in retail, warehousing, or similar fast-paced environments requiring teamwork.
- Associate degree or equivalent. English language proficiency (spoken and written), as well as dexterity in using handheld electronic devices (e.g., scanners, cameras, and smart phones), desktop computers, and voice dictation systems for data entry.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 30 lbs, push/pull wheeled clothing racks weighing up to 150 lbs, flexibly shift between multiple workstations, and actively use a smart phone for continuous periods up to 3 hours. I.e., this role requires moderate physical effort such as the ability to stand or walk for long periods of time, bend down, and reach overhead.
- 10 years of supervisory experience, especially during a rapid scale up period (e.g. from 10 to 100 FTEs).
- Training and experience in process improvement methodologies (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications. Familiarity with iPhones and/or iTouches.
- Knowledge (and judgment) about the condition, style, and pricing of great kids clothes.
- Effective May 1st, this position is based at 2992 Alvarado Street, San Leandro and is subject to the local labor and wage statutes of that city. Candidates may be asked to undergo training in San Francisco.
There are three standard shifts; we are recruiting Supervisors for all shifts. There may be some cross-coverage among Supervisors.
- Weekday Early Shift (approx. 6am – 2pm)
- Weekday Late Shift (approx. 2pm – 10pm)
- Weekend Shift (Saturday and/or Sunday, approx. 8am – 4pm)
- Specific title and compensation depends on experience and work performance. We expect that a qualified and experienced Supervisor would earn at least $25 / hr. This is a full-time, exempt position.
- At this time, we are considering only local candidates who are able to work without employer sponsorship.
- Note: this job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks, or modify existing ones, as management deems necessary.
Please do the following:
- Watch our Warehouse introduction video (http://db.tt/uFPIuVR9) and answer the questions (http://quizegg.com/q/61300).
- Review our website to understand which apparel we currently accept (http://www.thredup.com/standards) and sell (http://www.thredup.com/items).
- Submit a cover letter, resume, and list of two recent references.