Warehouse Associate - San Leandro at thredUP in San Leandro, CA
thredUP has recently launched an online marketplace for buying and consigning used clothing. We are rapidly scaling up our warehouse operations to manage these garments, and are hiring Warehouse Associates to help us in all stages of processing and distribution.
Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- Receive goods, and reconcile against all pertinent supplier information.
- Inspect children’s and other apparel and accept it into inventory based on thredUP’s high standards regarding condition, brand, and sizing. Perform quality control at all key steps.
- Itemize, photograph, hang, pick, and pack apparel and related items. Associates may be flexibly assigned to any or all of these tasks during a single shift.
- Work with other members of the Warehouse team to meet individual and collective goals for high productivity, low defect rates, short lead times, and scale up.
- Determine ways to continually improve all processes and the customer experience, particularly as our operations grow in scale. I.e., not only operate within Standard Operating Procedures, but also improve them.
- Other on-site duties as assigned.
- Most critical: attention to detail, positive attitude, punctuality and reliability, and the motivation to help parents consign and purchase great kids clothes.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Basic reading and arithmetic skills, English language proficiency (spoken and written), as well as dexterity in using handheld electronic devices (e.g., scanners, cameras, and smart phones), desktop computers, and voice dictation systems for data entry.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 30 lbs, push/pull wheeled clothing racks weighing up to 150 lbs, flexibly shift between multiple workstations, and actively use a smart phone for continuous periods up to 3 hours. I.e., this role requires moderate physical effort such as the ability to stand or walk for long periods of time, bend down, and reach overhead.
- Knowledge (and judgment) about the condition, style, and pricing of great kids clothes.
- Extensive familiarity with iPhones and/or iTouches.
- Experience in retail, warehousing, or similar fast-paced environments requiring teamwork.
- Effective May 1st, this position is based at 2992 Alvarado Street, Unit A, San Leandro and is subject to the local labor and wage statutes of that city. Candidates may be asked to undergo orientation in San Francisco.
There are three standard shifts, though accommodations may be possible.
- Weekday Early Shift (approx. 6am – 2pm)
- Weekday Late Shift (approx. 2pm – 10pm)
- Weekend Shift (Saturday and/or Sunday, approx. 8am – 4pm)
- The base wage range is $8.00 - $15.00 / hour. Pay depends on experience, demonstrated capabilities, and work performance. This is a nonexempt position.
- For the introductory period (up to 60 days), this is a part-time position (20-29 hours per week) that does not include health insurance.
- Upon becoming an official hire, some employees will be given the option of becoming full-time, based on their preference and work performance (as determined by the supervisor). Part-time positions are also an option.
- At this time we are considering only local candidates who are able to work without employer sponsorship.
- Note: this job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks, or to change existing ones, as management deems necessary.
- Please watch our Warehouse introduction video (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45056562/thredUP%20Warehouse%20Video.rcproject/Movies/medium.m4v) and answer the questions (http://quizegg.com/q/61300). Then submit a resume.