Software Engineer - Operations - iOS & Rails at thredUP in San Francisco, CA
thredUP is the online marketplace for Moms to buy, sell and swap children’s clothing. A crucial part of our success will come from the efficiency and automation of warehouse operations. We will soon be processing tens of thousands of articles of clothing each day - we need the systems to allow this. Come join the team and get us there!
Developing Applciations and Systems for our Warehouse Operations in Ruby on Rails & iOS
- The warehouse runs on iPod touches and iPhone 4S's. You will be a developer on the small team that develops improvements and new features for this system. The backend is Ruby on Rails.
- Design of systems for automating and streamining warehouse operations including photography, itemization and fulfillment
- Design & Development of Human Capital management systems within the context of warehouse operations
- Creation of dashboards and other reports for warehouse operations
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience with at least one programming language (depth preferred to breadth)
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or Operations Engineering
- Self-starter. There may be relatively limited direction at times and we will rely on you to help identify things that can be improved.
- Data-driven. Decisions will be made through process analysis and lean manufacturing analysis. You have to be able to think in an analytical, data-driven fashion.
- 1+ Years experience with iOS development
- 2+ Years experience with Ruby on Rails
- Test Driven Developer
- Open Source Contributions
- Write technical blog posts
Compensation & Perks:
- Competitive compensation with stock option grant
- 27" Apple Thunderbolt Display & your own dev setup any way you want it
- Work at home Wednesdays
Fully stocked office kitchen with espresso/coffee machines
Office located at the heart of the start-up scene in downtown San Francisco (< 100 yards from Montgomery BART Station)