Production Artist Intern / Unpaid for School Credit at Threadless in Chicago, IL
About this role:
The Product Team is responsible for every single product that Threadless sells on threadless.com and to our wholesale partners, from designing the canvas that our artists from around the world use to bring their designs to life to working with our screen printers to ensure that our artists will be proud of the execution of their designs. We're looking for a Production Artist Intern to assist our product team in preparing art files, mockups and line sheets, and production proofing. You'll report to our Product & Merchandising Director and work hand in hand with our Product Creative team.
This internship is unpaid for school credit, but you do get $150 worth of Threadless tees a month and you’ll benefit from our Monday Morning Breakfasts, Thirsty Thursdays (read: booze. But only if you’re 21+), and all the other cool Threadlessness such as concerts in our warehouse, love from Threadstaff dogs, and the basketball court and arcade games at our offices. The length of the internship is negotiable, but we'd love to have someone available at least 15 hours per week.
What you’ve got:
- A passion for independent art, graphic tees, and screen printing
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite; primarily Photoshop and Illustrator
- Coursework in a major related to the position such as graphic design
- Any previous experience in screen printing, fashion design & merchandising, digital art production, illustration is a plus
- A keen eye for the details of artwork execution and colors, as well as the accuracy of accompanying textual information
What you’ll do:
- Pre-press file preparation and sizing, FTP upload
- Prepare color proofs and provide Pantone colors for our screen printers in order to match design submissions
- Production proofing, in person and digitally
- Archive and update graphic files
- Prepare design mockups for partners and printers, as well as wholesale product linesheets
What you’re like:
- Able to communicate, collaborate with, and respect peers, no matter what their level
- Self-starter who takes initiative to solve problems and learn outside your skill set
- Adaptable to change and able to thrive in a dynamic, loosely structured and rapid growth environment
- A creative thinker who takes ownership of your own goals and projects and quickly rebounds from failure
- Must love fun!
Some things to keep in mind:
- No phone calls, please
- We'd love to get to know you more, so feel free to personalize your application.
- Please include a cover letter briefly connecting the dots from your current experience to this role at Threadless.
- Threadless is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
We're people from all over the world who come together to make great art.
We started with tees, but tons of products make great canvases. We work with partners to find these canvases for our artists, but it's our community who makes and picks the best art. The weird art. The geeky art. The beautiful art. So when you buy from us, you support great art.
Threadless. Make Great Together