Merchandising Production Assistant at Threadless in Chicago, IL
About This Role:
The product merchandising team is responsible for all of the amazing products that Threadless produces and sells on threadless.com and to our wholesale partners, from the initial idea for a new product all the way through its last sale. We’re looking for an energetic, highly detail-oriented individual to join our team, supporting our Production, Merchandising, and Product Development teams in ensuring that our products are produced on time, on quality and presented to our customers correctly.
What You’ve Got:
- 1-2 years prior production coordination experience is a big plus, production experience in the apparel or screenprinting industries an even bigger plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Applications (particularly Excel, but also Word and PowerPoint).
What You’ll Do:
· Assist our Merchandising & Production teams in the purchase order management and item setup processes, as well as take ownership of the management of accurate regular and promotional site pricing.
· In collaboration with the Merchandising & Production teams, ensure the accuracy of site merchandising content, including product photography, regular and promotional pricing, and product information, working closely with technology, creative, production and merchandising teams to resolve issues quickly and accurately.
· Coordinate the production and workflow of our On Demand business, including item setup and purchase order management. You’ll also act as the single point of contact between our internal warehouse, customer service, and technology teams as well as our external on demand printing and fulfillment partners to troubleshoot problems and ensure orders are filled in a timely manner.
· Manage the Threadless manufacturer quality assurance process, coordinating with our internal product development team, 3rd party inspection service, and external manufacturers to arrange and manage results of factory audits & lab testing of our products developed for our threadless.com business and wholesale partners.
· Assist our finance team by entering costing information for our products, with a strong attention to detail.
What You’re Like:
- You revel in the details. This role is often the last line of defense in ensuring that all product and production details are accurate for our customers as well as internal and external partners, and a sharp attention to all details is essential to avoid costly rework and keep production running on time.
- You’re a communicator. In this role, you’ll be interacting with a number of different internal and external partners on a variety of issues on a daily basis, and positive, clear and efficient communication is critical to success.
- You’re flexible but driven. You can work collaboratively with all sorts of personality types to overcome roadblocks, fix broken processes, and help create them where none existed before.
- Time is your friend. This role touches a number of different functions, each with their own set of priorities and schedules, and it’ll be up to you to manage your workload effectively to ensure that tasks are completed on time.
We're people from all over the world who come together to make great art.
We started with tees, but tons of products make great canvases. We work with partners to find these canvases for our artists, but it's our community who makes and picks the best art. The weird art. The geeky art. The beautiful art. So when you buy from us, you support great art.
Threadless. Make Great Together.
Some things to keep in mind:
- No phone calls, please
- Must live in the Chicagoland area or be willing to relocate
- We'd love to get to know you more, so feel free to personalize your application.
- Please include a cover letter briefly connecting the dots from your current experience to this key role at Threadless
- Threadless is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)