Marketing Communications Manager / Copywriter at Threadless in Chicago, IL
Marketing Communications Manager / Copywriter
About this role:
Threadless is looking for the right candidate to manage promotional messaging and application, especially in paid media. You should have the ability to balance both creative work with results-driven action based on performance metrics. The role entails driving message strategy, identifying audience segments, and crafting relevant copy for our customers. We’re looking for someone to manage the delivery of content in appropriate channels, measure performance, and take action based on results.
What you’ve got:
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing copywriting. E-commerce experience a plus.
- Experience with online direct response channels including paid search, social media, banner advertising, and email. Familiarity with Google Ad Words, Facebook ad platform, and third party ad platforms a plus.
- Application of analytical concepts to interpret campaign results and optimizae based on findings
- Familiarity with SEO
- Enjoy working independently as well as with others. Project management skills would be advantageous in this role.
- Undergraduate degree or higher
- Enthusiasm for community-based design!
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate within the marketing department on messaging and channel strategy
- Write primarily for online advertising channels such as paid search and social media advertising, as well as promotional email and site content
- Craft relevant messages for distinct audience segments
- Manage the translation of ad, email, and site content in multiple languages
- Optimize campaigns by identifying top performing creative variations
- Analyze campaigns to develop recommendations for future campaigns
- Develop and implement a search engine optimization initiative for Threadless.com
What You’re Like:
- Able to communicate, collaborate with, and respect peers, no matter what their level
- Self-starter who takes initiative to solve problems and learn outside your skill set
- Adaptable to change and able to thrive in a dynamic, loosely structured and rapid growth environment
- A creative thinker who takes ownership of your own goals and projects and quickly rebounds from failure
- Must love fun!
Some things to keep in mind:
- No phone calls, please
- Must live in the Chicagoland area or be willing to relocate
- We'd love to get to know you more, so feel free to personalize your application.
- Please include a cover letter briefly connecting the dots from your current experience to this key role at Threadless as well as your salary requirements
- Threadless is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
We're people from all over the world who come together to make great art.
We started with tees, but tons of products make great canvases. We work with partners to find these canvases for our artists, but it's our community who makes and picks the best art. The weird art. The geeky art. The beautiful art. So when you buy from us, you support great art.
Threadless. Make Great Together