International Marketing Director at Threadless in Chicago, IL
About this role:
The 1.8 million strong community of artists and design / t-shirt enthusiasts on Threadless.com is taking our business global. Last year we shipped Threadless products to customers in over 150 countries and year over year growth in some markets already exceeds 50%. We need an awesome person with a truly global perspective to help us follow where the community leads. We'd love to hear from you have significant hands-on experience building international marketing support for an emerging US brand... and by significant, we mean you've succeeded at this before and can jump in knowing exactly how to get going.
What You’ve Got:
- Master's degree preferred, Bachelor's degree required
- 4-6 years of directly relevant experience
- Direct and proven international marketing experience, leading local market resources and coordinating globally
- Truly global perspective on marketing, e-commerce, social media, and design
- Multilingual skills a definite plus
What You’ll do:
Develop a comprehensive global marketing strategy for Threadless.com
- Develop metrics to track growth and opportunity by market
- Develop market-specific customer insights: existing customers and new opps
- Develop a strategy for capitalizing on low-hanging fruit by market
- Identify growth barriers in key markets and drive strategy for resolving
- Represent a global perspective within marketing team, in both strategy and planning
Direct implementation of marketing strategy including:
- Manage translation site into multiple languages via our third party provider and volunteer translators
- Leverage our global community as brand advocates and collaborators in building our community and awareness
- Develop and manage a network of marketing resources (consultants and/or agencies) in key markets
- Work with site, production, customer service and fulfillment teams teams to resolve any ecommerce barriers to growth
- Collaborate with business development team on international partnerships
Provide market-driven insights into new product development
- Research new audiences (global markets or other segments) to identify unmet/underdeveloped and adjacent product opportunities
- Work with product and marketing teams to develop and execute strategies for key opportunities
What you’re like:
- Able to communicate, collaborate with, and respect peers, no matter what their level
- Self-starter who takes initiative to solve problems and learn outside your skill set
- Adaptable to change and able to thrive in a dynamic, loosely structured and rapid growth environment
- A creative thinker who takes ownership of your own goals and projects and quickly rebounds from failure
- Must love fun!
Some things to keep in mind:
- No phone calls, please
- Must live in the Chicagoland area or be willing to relocate
- We'd love to get to know you more, so feel free to personalize your application.
- Please include a cover letter briefly connecting the dots from your current experience to this key role at Threadless as well as your salary requirements
- Threadless is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
We're people from all over the world who come together to make great art.
We started with tees, but tons of products make great canvases. We work with partners to find these canvases for our artists, but it's our community who makes and picks the best art. The weird art. The geeky art. The beautiful art. So when you buy from us, you support great art.
Threadless. Make Great Together