Field Technician - Residential Construction at The Jayman Group of Companies ...
As one of Alberta's largest home builders, Jayman offers customers a wide range of beautiful homes in Calgary's and Edmonton’s most desirable communities. Jayman is a market leader and has been providing the highest standard of craftsmanship and quality for more than 30 years by blending fine craftsmanship with the most advanced construction technologies available. Jayman has been named one of Alberta Venture’s “Fast 50” and is a Platinum winner of the “50 Best Managed Companies” in Canada. Jayman has also been named 2011 Builder of the Year in Calgary, and one of the Top 60 Employers in Alberta for 2013. We currently have an opportunity for a
who, ideally, is experienced in the home-building industry and has a desire to grow and learn with a dynamic company.
- Assist with the supervision of all phases of home construction: scheduling trades, ensuring specifications are met; detailed inspections
- Maintain the building site in a safe, clean and orderly condition – inside and out.
- Ensure ramps and safety railings are installed and maintained properly
- Perform a variety of construction tasks such as installation of windows, door hardware, appliances, as well as drywall repairs, minor painting and caulking and construction tune-ups in preparation for occupancy
- Building a team environment through high-quality communication skills with trades, staff and customers.
Essential Relevant Experience:
- 3 – 5 years experience in the residential home-building industry
- Strong ability to multi task; be proactive; and understand attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Must have a sense of urgency and an ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to react well under pressure and treats others with respect while solving problems
- Well developed communication skills
- Current working knowledge of building codes, construction methods, and building materials
Location: This position will support, and be located in our Edmonton Region field operations.
If you feel that this is the right challenge for you, and you meet these qualifications, please respond by 4:00pm on March 29, 2013 by sending your resume and cover letter in Word or .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following address:
Human Resources Department
#200, 3132 – 118th Avenue SE
Calgary, AB T2Z 3X1
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone or agency inquiries please.