Executive Assistant to the VP at The Jayman Group of Companies in Calgary, Al...
As one of Alberta's largest home builders, Jayman offers customers a wide range of beautiful homes in Calgary's and Edmonton’s most desirable communities. Jayman is a market leader and has been providing the highest standard of craftsmanship and quality for more than 30 years by blending fine craftsmanship with the most advanced construction technologies available. Jayman has been named one of Alberta Venture’s “Fast 50” and is a Platinum winner of the “50 Best Managed Companies” in Canada. Jayman has also been named 2011 Builder of the Year in Calgary, and one of the Top 60 Employers in Alberta for 2013. We currently have an opportunity for a
to the VP, Innovations by Jayman
who, ideally, is experienced in organizing and facilitating the office of a senior executive in the home-building industry. This position requires a high degree of discretion, engagement, initiative, and independence and will be familiar with, and support the corporate goals and direction. Initiative, sound judgement, self-composure, as well as a positive attitude and team spirit are essential attributes for success.
- Supports the effective time management of the VP
- Proactively identify key priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Prepares internal and external correspondence, reports and presentations.
- Screens incoming correspondence and reports making preliminary assessments of the importance of materials.
- Answers routine and non-routine telephone calls and directs callers to the appropriate person.
- Uses judgment and knowledge to decide when to escalate urgent issues, when to handle in the normal course of business and when issues can be better handled by managers or by themselves.
Provides a variety of administrative functions including;
- Coordination of travel arrangements
- Preparation of expense & credit card reconciliation reports
- Vacation tracking and reconciliation for the division
- Arrangement of meetings, including the preparation and distribution of agendas and meeting materials
- takes meeting minutes and follows up on action items
- Provide assistance with budgeting activities
- Works collaboratively with Jayman’s administrative staff and provide backup when required.
Essential Relevant Experience:
- Administrative background and a strong ability to multi task
- Ideally, has 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role (residential construction industry)
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; good negotiation skills
- Must have a sense of urgency and an ability to delegate and make judgment calls
- Ability to react well under pressure and treats others with respect
- Competent MS Office computer skills; very strong Excel and PowerPoint skills are a “must-have”.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and confidence of Managers
Location: This position will support, and be located in our Calgary office
If you feel that this is the right challenge for you, and you meet these qualifications, please respond by 4:00pm on March 8, 2013 by sending your resume and cover letter in Word or .pdf format to email@example.com or to the following address:
Human Resources Department
#200, 3132 – 118th Avenue SE
Calgary, AB T2Z 3X1
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone or agency inquiries please.