Architectural Technologist at The Jayman Group of Companies in Calgary, Alber...
As one of Alberta's largest home builders, Jayman offers customers a wide range of beautiful homes in Calgary's and Edmonton’s most desirable communities. Jayman is a market leader and has been providing the highest standard of craftsmanship and quality for more than 30 years by blending fine craftsmanship with the most advanced construction technologies available. Jayman has been named one of Alberta Venture’s “Fast 50” and is a Platinum winner of the “50 Best Managed Companies” in Canada. Jayman has also been named 2011 Builder of the Year in Calgary and is an organization committed to Service Excellence. We currently have an opportunity for a pro-active and enthusiastic
Senior Architectural Technologist
in our Calgary office who is very comfortable with AutoCAD and Revit software, and has a full understanding of the principles of drafting and residential design.
- Create complete and accurate job drawings starting from pre-planned designs, and incorporating changes.
- Prepare permit packages for municipal governments including plot plans, grade slips, building plans and joist layouts.
- Liaise with municipal governments, land developers, and Jayman team members to ensure needs are met.
- Complete grading and plot plan revisions in compliance with architectural controls.
- Consistently complete drawings within scheduled time frame.
- Consistently produce accurate drawing changes with limited supervision.
Essential Relevant Experience
- You’ll bring to Jayman your passion for residential design.
- Thorough knowledge of building code, and municipal bylaws.
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma in a building science related course that includes AutoCAD training.
- Experience using AutoCAD, Revit and the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and understand implications of modifications to drawings.
- Ability to draw accurate set of working drawings in a timely manner.
- Ability to assist or show creative skills. Demonstrated by creating elevations and floor plans.
- At least five years of residential design drafting experience.
Location: This position will be based in our Calgary offices.
If you have the right stuff to meet these challenges, then we’d love to hear from you. Please respond by 4:00pm on March 22, 2012 by sending your application in Word or .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following address:
Human Resources Department
#200, 3132 – 118th Avenue SE
Calgary, AB T2Z 3X1
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone or agency inquiries please.