Ruby Developer at The Clymb in Portland, OR
The Clymb is seeking a Rails/Ruby Developer to contribute to the building of our next generation platform. This is an opportunity to make a big impact by joining a high growth company early in its development. The Clymb is seeking an experienced Ruby on Rails developer interested in refining their craft and building a highly scalable e-commerce platform. The technology will be as cool as Github, as innovative as Amazon and built in a productive environment.
If you were referred by a Clymb employee, please select Other from the Source category, and input the employee's name.
- Implement the technology roadmap and collaborate on feature development.
- Design and develop our external website, including mobile and interactive technologies.
- Improve upon our internal website for better information, tools and knowledge sharing.
- Provide technical guidance for emerging technologies and champion Open Source software solutions.
- Collaborate internally and externally to ensure our technology development aligns with the business objectives and provides the best possible experience for our staff and our members.
- Time will also be taken to spend outside doing what you like to do, writing blog posts & talks to describe the technology you're building and developing your skills by experimenting with new and emerging technology.
- Significant experience in software development
- Experience in e-commerce and fulfillment
- Have built top-quality web software in ruby
- Architected and deployed multiple highly scalable rails apps
- Strong understanding of rails and best practices
- Knows no better way of version control than Git, and demands to use it
- Understanding / Experience tuning MySQL databases
- At least some experience with Redis highly desired
- Experience scaling an application and database layers
- Uphold a standard for quality software
- Must have strong TDD/BDD ethos with experience in Rspec
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and a self-starter.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment. Can balance and prioritize multiple tasks and objectives.
- Committed to The Clymb's Core Values of Authenticity, Respect, Growth, and Excellence.
The Clymb is a private retail community - connecting premium outdoor brands with passionate, influential end-users. A dedication to innovation, customer service and brand stewardship have helped us become the fastest growing e-tailer in the outdoor industry. We work hard so we can play hard and we use the gear we sell. If you're as passionate about innovation as you are the outdoors, come join us at our Portland, OR headquarters. Good Things Come to Those Who Clymb™
- Attach your résumé.
- Tell us why you belong here.
- Provide a link to your GitHub Account
- Provide three professional references - include in the cover letter.
- Provide salary history from three most recent jobs - include in the cover letter.