Front-End Applications Engineer at The Clymb in Portland, OR
Front-end Applications Engineer
Like to build things? Own any wearable tech? Understand eCommerce? Put those interests to use by representing the millions of eCommerce customers that interact with our website and mobile applications on a daily basis. The Clymb is looking for a Front-end Applications Engineer who will create incredible digital experiences for our users.
This position will work day-to-day with our Engineering team to create and maintain our world-class website and administrative sites. You will play a key role in building our website capabilities for improved purchasing scenarios, interface changes, campaigns, promotions, and other improvements to our website and similar functionality on our mobile application. The ideal candidate will have a friendly disposition, be detail oriented, and have excellent communication and organizational skills. You will need to be quick on your toes for this position!
- Interaction design and prototyping of website pages
- Work to refine, augment and improve a large ecommerce application
- Recommend front-end technologies
- Coordinate with QA User Tester for usability testing and review of usability testing results
- Fix bugs, tune, optimize, and maintenance
- Time will also be taken to spend outside doing what you like to do, writing blog posts & talks to describe the technology you're building and developing your skills by experimenting with new and emerging technology.
- Stays up to date with current best-practices and considers front-end development to be a passion.
- Experience with responsive layouts and mobile-first development
- The desire to work in a team environment
- Experience with Front End performance tuning
- Experience developing for multiple devices
- Use of CSS pre-compilers
- Unix command-line experience
- Experience in e-commerce and fulfillment
- Must have strong TDD/BDD ethos
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills. A proven ability to present information to all levels of management
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven teamwork skills with the ability to handle a diverse workload with tight time frame requirements and competing resources
- Highly motivated with the ability to drive results, working on a team as well as independently.
- Can relate to The Clymb's products and the Northwest outdoor lifestyle
- Is driven to meet The Clymb’s Core Values of Growth, Excellence, Authenticity, and Respect
· Bonus points:
o Ruby experience
o JS Testing experience
o Coffeescript experience
o SAAS experience
The Clymb is a private retail community - connecting premium outdoor brands with passionate, influential end-users. A dedication to innovation, customer service and brand stewardship have helped us become the fastest growing e-tailer in the outdoor industry. We work hard so we can play hard and we use the gear we sell. If you're as passionate about innovation as you are the outdoors, come join us at our Portland, OR headquarters. Good Things Come to Those Who Clymb™
- Attach your résumé.
- Tell us why you belong here.
- Provide three professional references - include in the cover letter.
- Provide salary history from three most recent jobs - include in the cover letter.