Buyer at The Clymb in Portland, OR
*Note- thank you for your interrest in joining the Human Powered movement! We will continue to collect applications for this position but will not actively be pursuing candidates until July or August of 2013.
The Clymb is seeking an aggressive, talented and experienced buyer to help us build, develop and maintain, dynamic relationships with key outdoor, action sport and active lifestyle manufacturers. The ideal candidate will have relevant retail industry experience, a strong sense of ownership and a proven history working with cross-functional teams. The buyer must have excellent communication skills and the ability to sell the benefits of working with the Clymb to key vendors.
- Achieve category sales, margin and sell through goals within OTB
- Create and execute a strategic category assortment plan that appeals to our members
- Effectively manage and optimize a large vendor portfolio, while opening new accounts
- Negotiate with existing and potential vendors for best pricing, product and payment terms
- Create purchase orders and manage process from PO issue to end user
- Handle a high volume of communication with vendors
- Manage inventory within established guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years relevant experience plus:
- Experience in online retail, with a background in sales, planning or buying
- Proven history as a deal closer
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience using Salesforce
- Strong project management skills, and the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- 2-4 years manufacturer negotiation experience
- high-level manufacturer contacts
- Ability to think strategically and tactically
- Proactive attitude, ability to react to unforeseen situations
Awarded one of Outside Magazine's Best Places to Work, The Clymb is a private retail community - connecting premium outdoor brands with passionate, influential end-users. A dedication to innovation, customer service and brand stewardship have helped us become the fastest growing e-tailer in the outdoor industry. We work hard so we can play hard and we use the gear we sell. If you're as passionate about innovation as you are the outdoors, come join us at our Portland, OR headquarters. Good Things Come to Those Who Clymb™
- Attach your résumé.
- Tell us why you belong here.
- Provide three professional references - include in the cover letter.
- Provide salary history from three most recent jobs - include in the cover letter.