Buyer at The Clymb in Portland, OR
*We will begin interviewing again for this opening in early Q4 but will continue accepting applications. Headquartered in the modern, progressive Pearl District of Portland, OR, The Clymb is a private retail community - connecting premium outdoor brands with passionate, influential end-users. A dedication to innovation, customer service and brand stewardship have helped us become the fastest growing e-tailer in the outdoor industry. Our dedication to The Clymb’s core values of Growth, Excellence, Authenticity, and Respect are what move us. We never compromise on quality and integrity. The space in which we do business is as important to us as the space in which we play. Our company culture is built on passion and perseverance. We have been ranked as one of Outside Magazines top 50 Best Places to Work, and we provide a unique employee experience. Every benefit and perk we offer is designed around providing our employees with an experience that connects them more tangibly to their passions while providing tools and resources for both personal and professional growth and development.
Who we are looking for:
The Clymb is seeking an aggressive, talented and experienced buyer to help us build, develop and maintain, dynamic relationships with key outdoor, action sport and active lifestyle manufacturers. The ideal candidate will have relevant retail industry experience, a strong sense of ownership and a proven history working with cross-functional teams. The buyer must have excellent communication skills and the ability to sell the benefits of working with the Clymb to key vendors.
If you were referred by a Clymb employee, please select Other from the Source category, and input the employee's name.
- Achieve category sales, margin and sell through goals within OTB
- Create and execute a strategic category assortment plan that appeals to our members
- Effectively manage and optimize a large vendor portfolio, while opening new accounts
- Negotiate with existing and potential vendors for best pricing, product and payment terms
- Create purchase orders and manage process from PO issue to end user
- Handle a high volume of communication with vendors
- Manage inventory within established guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years relevant experience plus:
- Experience in online retail, with a background in sales, planning or buying
- Proven history as a deal closer
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience using Salesforce
- Strong project management skills, and the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- 2-4 years manufacturer negotiation experience
- high-level manufacturer contacts
- Ability to think strategically and tactically
- Proactive attitude, ability to react to unforeseen situations
- Attach your résumé.
- Tell us why you belong here.
- Provide three professional references - include in the cover letter.
- Provide salary history from three most recent jobs - include in the cover letter.