Adventure Travel Program Manager at The Clymb in Portland, OR
Are you a passionate, enthusiastic, and highly knowledgeable Adventure Travel professional? Do you have a passion for inspiring others to engage with the planet and its people through human-powered adventure? Are you a skilled negotiator? Have you managed a large portfolio of product? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, fast-growth environment? Are you results driven? If so, read on!
The Clymb is looking for an experienced Travel Industry professional to join our growing team of talented, fun and innovative world travelers. The ideal candidate will have real passion and experience in the adventure travel market. We require you to be a skilled communicator and authentic in your pursuits, and possess the skills to build lasting and strategic business relationships. This is a unique opportunity to join a winning team and play an integral role in scaling a global travel business.
- Work collaboratively with the Manager of Adventure Travel Programs to create global development strategies that align with the organizational and departmental objectives.
- Continually seek out new vendor relationships and innovative product opportunities.
- Develop, and consistently refine business workflows and process to improve efficiency and quality of program execution.
- Partner with the Manager of Adventures and lead Program Managers/Coordinators to formulate new product and assortment strategies including: destination selection, program type, activity selection and activity level.
- Drive exceptional customer experiences by continually managing and reporting on trip and vendor quality metrics.
- Manage the pipeline of leads via Salesforce.
- Pitch and negotiate, clearly articulate the value proposition to tour operators; convert leads to active accounts.
- Continually analyze, understand and report on Adventure Travel Programs and help drive strategic decisions that drive growth and profitability.
- Be the key communication point between vendors and cross-departmental partners.
- Travel internationally and attend industry trade shows, conferences and other special events to develop and promote The Clymb, Adventures.
- 3 years of progressive experience within the Travel/Adventure Industry; global adventure travel experience preferred.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, high-energy personality.
- Ability to communicate and foster relationships with all levels of business partners, both internal and external.
- Excellent communication and highly developed negotiation skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and/or Keynote.
- Able to work well with cross-functional team members.
- Able to manage multiple competing tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish trust and inspire others.
- Salesforce experience is highly preferred.
- Experience using project management software tools desired.
- Commitment to The Clymb’s core values of Authenticity, Respect, Excellence, and Growth.
- Able to work flexible hours including evenings or weekends when requested.
The Clymb is a private retail community - connecting premium outdoor brands with passionate, influential end-users. A dedication to innovation, customer service and brand stewardship have helped us become the fastest growing e-tailer in the outdoor industry. We work hard so we can play hard and we use the gear we sell. If you're as passionate about innovation as you are the outdoors, come join us at our Portland, OR headquarters. Good Things Come to Those Who Clymb™
- Attach your résumé.
- Tell us why you belong here.
- Provide three professional references - include in the cover letter.
- Provide salary history from three most recent jobs - include in the cover letter.