Software Engineer, Machine Learning at TellApart, Inc. in Burlingame, CA
Excited to solve massive real world problems and work with top-notch engineering colleagues? Pumped to make a difference for big-name retailers and tackle a multi-million dollar opportunity? Want to work on something that will impact your friends and family when they’re shopping for products online? Come join us!
We’re a team of outstanding individuals solving some of the world’s toughest technical challenges. We handle tens of thousands of requests per second under strict latency guarantees on behalf of millions of users and build predictive models that evaluate hundreds of thousands of features in milliseconds. We’re looking for engineers with solid machine learning backgrounds to help us make sense of tons of valuable retail data. You’ll be working on best-in-class technology with others who are passionate about cutting edge machine learning techniques. At TellApart, your work will definitely have an impact on both the company and the world!
- Design scalable predictive models that incorporate a large number of features and can be trained on a large number of examples
- Own the full machine learning system implementation process: model design, feature planning, system infrastructure and engineering, production setup and monitoring, and release management
- Utilize machine learning techniques optimized for distributed computing environments
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field. M.S. or Ph.D. a plus
- Experience with classification, regression, collaborative filtering, or clustering problems applied to large data sets
- Expert-level proficiency in at least one of: Java, Python, C++
- Good understanding of web technologies and familiarity with Unix/Linux
- Relentlessly resourceful and scrappy; you thrive in an early stage environment