Web Developer at Technorati Media in San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a talented, hands-on web developer who can thrive in a fun, fast-paced, casual and challenging environment. You will build web applications for our users, partners, and team. Those applications can range from business-critical internal tools to the core architecture of our websites, with opportunities to work with a variety of languages and technologies.
- Design and implement the layout and user experience for application screens in standards-compliant dynamic XHTML and CSS.
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from, product management, interaction designers, and back-end engineers
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- Pro-actively look for ways to make our sites and applications better
- Proficiency in creating applications in one server side framework: NodeJS, Rails, J2EE, Scala, Symfony, etc.
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, headers, asset loading / caching)
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Understanding of CS concepts such as: common data structures and algorithms, profiling/optimization
- Github profile or link to open source work
- Visual design skills
- Knowledge of cross-browser quirks
- Interest in mobile and touch-based web platform
- Great written communication and documentation abilities
What else is in it for you?
FUN: Monthly employee events (such as baseball games and bowling); snacks and beverages in the kitchen; free catered monthly lunches; impromptu happy hours, etc.
Comprehensive benefits package including:
- · Choice of medical plans with the base medical coverage is 100% employer paid for the employee/85% paid for dependents.
- · Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D insurance, STD, LTD
- · 401(k) plan
- · Pre-Tax Commuter benefit., Health and Dependent Care Spending Accounts
- · Time off: 15 days PTO to start. 11 major holidays
Technorati Media is an integrated online media company with an advertising network, a social rich media technology platform, and two owned web properties including the internet’s largest blog directory. Launched in June 2008, Technorati Media’s ad network has quickly grown into the largest social media ad network (over 1,300 independent sites, blogs, and social networks), boasting an audience of over 130 million US unique visitors a month. Technorati Media is the 49th largest media property in the US, the 8th largest social media property and the 3rd largest blog property.*
Technorati.com, the flagship site, is the world’s first and largest blog search engine and a robust community blogging platform.
BlogCritics.org is a journalism 3.0 site with a community of over 3,500 authors who have published over 85,000 articles using the site’s proprietary publishing platform.
*all audience numbers comScore January 2013