San Francisco, CA / possibly Remote with some Travel
Are you a Front End Engineer who loves creating fun products? Like games? And music? TastemakerX is looking for a Software Engineer who will lead front end development of our social gaming platform. You will be part of a high velocity engineering team that is valued in the organization. This position is based in San Francisco, CA but could be a remote position if you are the right person.
About the Job
As a Front End Engineer at TastemakerX you would:
- Lead development of a new HTML5 mobile website
- Design & Implement new features and optimize existing ones
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from, product management and designers
- Disciplined and rapid approach to testing and QA
- Ready to contribute broadly as a senior member of our technical staff
- Significant experience optimizing website performance
- CSS wizard -- you can do it in your sleep
- Independent problem solving skills, ability to write code that performs well
- Solid understanding of the web stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, headers, local caching)
- Experience with at least one modern source control package (we use Git)
- Knowledge of Agile engineering practices
- Extensive experience with mobile HTML5 websites
- Experience working on high-volume websites
- Knowledge of cross-browser quirks
- Interest in mobile and touch-based web platform
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience in scrum
TastemakerX is a mobile social game and website that allows players to express musical taste by building virtual, 'followable' portfolios of the artists they love. Our mission is to connect people who love music all over the world and the artists they follow. TastemakerX is growing and needs talented, motivated people to join us in that mission.
TastemakerX is led by CEO and co-founder Marc Ruxin and CTO/CPO and co-founder Sandro Pugliese. We are backed by Guggenheim Ventures, Baseline, True Ventures, Tekton Ventures, and AOL Ventures; and investors and advisors who include: John Battelle, Marc Geiger, Andrew Anker, Mich Mathews, Ted Rheingold, Paul Bricault, Ian Rogers, Mike Lazerow and others.
We're growing and are well funded and if you're interested in joining the team at TastemakerX, please send your resume, your portfolio, and an (optional) cover letter telling us what inspires you and why you think you are perfect for the team. If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or do something other than coding, we would love to hear about it when you write.
TastemakerX in the Press
Tech Crunch -- http://techcrunch.com/2012/06/14/tastemakerx-launch/
Billboard Magazine -- http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/industry/digital-and-mobile/exclusive-indie-rock-stock-exchange-tastemakerx-1007320152.story
Xconomy -- http://www.xconomy.com/san-francisco/2012/06/14/tastemakerx-builds-a-taste-graph-to-reward-music-trendspotters/