User Experience (UX) Designer, Web at TaskRabbit in San Francisco, CA
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a User Experience Designer, you are the the ultimate advocate for TaskRabbit’s users. You will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of our users, personas, and their sentiments about our service. You will design simple, fluid user experiences that delight TaskRabbit’s users and lead them effortlessly through our key flows. Your understanding of users, their pain points, and their motivations, will inform the strategic direction of our product.
We are looking for a creative and objective individual who can recognize pitfalls in our experience and apply sleek and thoughtful design to address them. Our designers work closely with product managers and engineers during the agile development process, so you will need to be hands on. Most importantly, we are looking for a team member who loves TaskRabbit as much as we do!
This position is fulltime and based in San Francisco.
- Develop a thorough understanding of our users and evangelize that understanding across the company
- Partner with our Member Services organization to understand user pain points
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct usability tests on an ongoing basis
- Integrate usability studies, research, quantitative findings, and stakeholder needs into design direction
- Maintain an organized account of user experience and design decisions for historical reference and to inform future product discussions
- Build flow diagrams, wireframes, high fidelity mockups, and prototypes for new features and enhancements
- Support Product Management and Engineering during the development cycle
- Collaborate and communicate openly knowing that every TaskRabbit employee cares deeply about the overall quality of the TaskRabbit experience
- 2+ years design experience, preferably at a consumer web or mobile company
- Strong design instinct with passion for innovation in design
- Experience with rapid prototyping and lightweight usability testing
- Experience building information architectures, storyboards, wireframes, user flows, and high fidelity mockups.
- Experience with PhotoShop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, and other design tools
- Experience with front-end web development is a big plus
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Understanding of agile development processes. Direct experience preferred.
- Experience working within an agile development environment
In addition to working with the smartest team of entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors on the planet, TaskRabbit team members get a ton of perks:
Moola: Cash comp paired with equity — we are looking for the best and will pay them accordingly.
Challenge: The opportunity for growth in a fast-paced progressive company is yours for the taking.
Tasks: A monthly Task stipend, which is sort of like having your own 24/7 concierge army.
Benefits: Great health coverage and dental benefits, a flexible spending account, 401k plans, laundry service, and regular lunches on the company’s dime.
Education: A series of Lunch and Learn events — we call it Learnch — along with in-office mentoring opportunities and access to the TaskRabbit library.
Office: A huge, dog-friendly SOMA loft built to accommodate collaboration, with two fully stocked kitchens and a game room. Great location in SOMA (5 blocks from CalTrain, 3 blocks from BART).
Entertainment: Tons of video games. Pingpong, and an online leaderboard created in Heroku. ;)
Submit a resume and portfolio AND cover letter summarizing your fit for this role. Let your personality shine through!