Software Engineer, Ruby on Rails at TaskRabbit in San Francisco, CA
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Join our early stage engineering team which currently consists of 6 developers as we scale our website in terms of geography and users, add data analysis features to optimize our business, and beautify our product. TaskRabbit is on the verge of something really big and we will look to you for best practices around architecture, deployment and scaling the service to millions of people.
We currently use Rails 3.2+, MySQL, memcached, redis, and riak. We're always open to use the right tools to get the job done. We have a handful of separate apps working together to provide service interfaces. These apps are small, fast, and make iteration on features very fast and easy. We're a fan of thin controllers, clean models, decorators, modular code, and best of all simple solutions. We use RSpec, Steak, and Capybara - no Cucumber. If we come up with a solution for a common problem, we do what we can to open source it.
- Experience building back-end systems on a high-traffic, low-latency web site.
- 2+ Years of Ruby development experience with strong knowledge of the Rails framework. You will be able to contribute to our Ruby code base from your first day of work.
- Strong knowledge of the fundamentals of networking, operating systems, and security.
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience (2+ Years).
- Agile. Intelligent. Creative. Problem-solver. Startup lover. You like making things happen.
- You have contributed to an open source software project; show us your github account!
- You've done a Task on the site and have ideas on how to make it better.
In addition to working with the smartest team of entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors on the planet, TaskRabbit team members get a ton of perks:
Moola: Cash comp paired with equity — we are looking for the best and will pay them accordingly.
Challenge: The opportunity for growth in a fast-paced progressive company is yours for the taking.
Tasks: A monthly Task stipend, which is sort of like having your own 24/7 concierge army.
Benefits: Great health coverage and dental benefits, a flexible spending account, 401k plans, laundry service, and regular lunches on the company’s dime.
Education: A series of Lunch and Learn events — we call it Learnch — along with in-office mentoring opportunities and access to the TaskRabbit library.
Office: A huge, dog-friendly SOMA loft built to accommodate collaboration, with two fully stocked kitchens and a game room. Great location in SOMA (5 blocks from CalTrain, 3 blocks from BART).
Entertainment: Tons of video games. Pingpong, and an online leaderboard created in Heroku. ;)
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please send us your resume. How to move your resume to the top of the pile? Please send us a code sample as your cover letter.