Mobile Engineer at TaskRabbit in San Francisco, CA
ABOUT THE JOB:
Join our early stage engineering team which currently consists of 10 engineers as we take getting stuff done mobile! Recently notminated for the "best mobile app" Crunchie at the 2012 TechCrunch Awards, we are now looking for someone to make that even better as well as bring the service to other platforms.
You will work with our current mobile-focused engineer and designer to determine the right priorities and make them happen. Maybe it turns out this iPhone thing is just a fad and most of our TaskRabbits have Android, so let's do that. Or maybe they really just want to reply to the text message, so let's implement that Twilio feature. Or maybe our TaskPosters love (they really do!) our iPhone app and want to get more done with it.
The position is a little of all of the above. We're looking for a talented and flexible engineer that can adapt to whatever is needed.
- Experience building native mobile applications in iOS or Android
- Strong knowledge of the fundamentals of networking, operating systems, and security.
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience (2+ Years).
- Agile. Intelligent. Creative. Problem-solver. Startup lover. You like making things happen.
- Experience in Ruby and Rails. Our well-tested web application backend uses Rails and MySQL.
- You have contributed to an open source software project, show us your github account!
- You've done a Task on the site and have ideas on how to make it better.
In addition to working with the smartest team of entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors on the planet, TaskRabbit team members get a ton of perks:
Moola: Cash comp paired with equity — we are looking for the best and will pay them accordingly.
Challenge: The opportunity for growth in a fast-paced progressive company is yours for the taking.
Tasks: A monthly Task stipend, which is sort of like having your own 24/7 concierge army.
Benefits: Great health coverage and dental benefits, a flexible spending account, 401k plans, laundry service, and regular lunches on the company’s dime.
Education: A series of Lunch and Learn events — we call it Learnch — along with in-office mentoring opportunities and access to the TaskRabbit library.
Office: A huge, dog-friendly SOMA loft built to accommodate collaboration, with two fully stocked kitchens and a game room. Great location in SOMA (5 blocks from CalTrain, 3 blocks from BART).
Entertainment: Tons of video games. Pingpong, and an online leaderboard created in Heroku. ;)
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please send us your resume. How to move your resume to the top of the pile? Please send us a code sample as your cover letter.