Member Services Associate at TaskRabbit in San Francisco, CA
TaskRabbit is on a mission to have everyone live a smarter, more fulfilling life by once again relying on their neighbors. We're the pioneers of service networking — it's like social networking, except instead of tagging embarrassing photos of each other, arguing about politics, or putting a baby photo where a profile snapshot should be, our members help each other save time and earn some money.
We’ve already raised $25 million through investors including Baseline Ventures, First Round Capital, FLOODGATE FUND, LightSpeed Venture Partners, and Shasta Ventures. We’re building a peer-to-peer marketplace that safely and reliably connects neighbors to get things done through the melding of social, location-based, and mobile technologies. We're getting down and/or dirty with social graph analysis and analytics-driven optimization, with an eye toward user experience that's both pleasant and frictionless, like a Slip 'n' Slide doused in baby oil.
We’re a mission-driven business and our culture is fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded people who believe in moving the economy to a more collaborative place — and having a ton of fun while they’re at it.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Member Services Associate will be a part of a team helping to ensure above and beyond “Wow” level user experiences across all regions of product interactions. This will include managing interactions on live chat, support emails, forum interactions, and telephone support. You would be managing the relationship with our users and be the first point of contact when issues arise. You will have the support of the member services manager and the amazing TaskRabbit team. This is a full-time job at a bustling startup that includes early morning, late night and/or weekend hours.
- Handle member issues as it pertains to their accounts and/or Tasks.
- Handle disputes in accordance to existing policies and procedures.
- Work with the management team and peers to effectively resolve high priority issues.
- Have a flexible schedule that includes availability on nights, early mornings, and weekends.
- Walk potential members through the TaskRabbit posting/bidding experience
- Record and communicate feedback to the developers and the management team
- Experienced: Bachelor Degree (preferable but not required) plus a minimum of 1-2 years of related work experience. Plus points for experience in member services and/or customer service positions.
- Excellent customer service skills: The individual must exhibit courtesy, kindness, efficiency and helpfulness. The individual is willing to go the extra mile to Wow and Pow every customer in order provide consistent, above-average, detail-oriented support.
- Excellent writing and correspondence skills: the individual must have a good command of grammar, spelling and syntax.
- Problem solving: the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal skills: the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things. The individual understands the basics of dispute resolution and is comfortable in defusing a situation on the spot.
- Oral communication: the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates the skills of a diplomat in everyday interactions with Members. Unbelievably approachable.
- Dependability: the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
In addition to working with the smartest team of entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors on the planet, TaskRabbit team members get a ton of perks:
Moola: Cash comp paired with equity — we are looking for the best and will pay them accordingly.
Challenge: The opportunity for growth in a fast-paced progressive company is yours for the taking.
Tasks: A monthly Task stipend, which is sort of like having your own 24/7 concierge army.
Benefits: Great health coverage, a flexible spending account, 401k plans, and regular lunches on the company’s dime.
Education: A series of Lunch and Learn events — we call it Learnch — along with in-office mentoring opportunities and access to the TaskRabbit library.
Office: A huge, dog-friendly SOMA loft built to accommodate collaboration, with two fully stocked kitchens and a game room.
Please include a cover letter that lets us know why you’d love to work at TaskRabbit!